Why become a member? ×

Warwick WA600 & WCA 410

Tm99

Hi all,

New to the forum but ive been reading and taking advice for a while now.
I have been playing for years and have played some good sized venues, my downside is that i have been a plug in and play, as long as it was loud i was happy.
I currently have old 2x Peavey Megabox speakers (400w, 4ohm) & Peavey Tmax head (500w, 2ohm)... I want to downsize to something more modern but still quite powerful. I mainly play metal but over the past few years been helping out in covers bands from soft rock to 60s rock and roll... The set-up i have suits metal but i cant get a nice clear sound when playing the softer stuff.

I have been thinking about the WA600 & 1x WCA 410-4ohm, read some reviews about how clear it is but i want to make sure it still has the volume for when i play metal in larger venues.
The current rig is just too big to store & move around.

Apart from the obvious reason of size, what is the advantage of having 1x 4ohm cab over 2x 8ohm?

Sorry if this sounds like i have no idea what im talking about, TBH, when it comes to the amp side of things i dont but really want to learn.

The only reason i am thinking of the Warwick is i play a Warwick bass and love it... the price is appealing too, i was looking at the Tubepath 5.1 for a while but price kept me away. Guess another question is why is there such a price difference?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Tm99