Why become a member? ×

NEW Ashdown ABM NEO Combos

12AX7

Hello there! :thank_you:

I wonder if anyone had a chance to play or at least hear one of the new Ashdown ABM NEO combos? There's a 210 and a 115 version available now, along with some 210, 408 and 115 extension cabinets - All made in the UK!

On paper, the ABM NEO C210 looks like the kind of thing that would work nicely at home, perhaps even on a gig (with a second cab) but what does "very special light weight power section" mean now? Does it work? [b]Does she bang?[/b] :biggrin:

Edited by 12AX7

[quote name='Kevin Dean' timestamp='1406123342' post='2508538']
I have the NEO head & all I can say is that it knocks the Little Mark Rocker & MO Mark for Six & their customer support has been excellent . At the moment I'm using it with a Barefaced 12T cab but I'm thinking of getting the NEO2x10 cab.
[/quote]

It would be hard not to knock the Markbass power sections, no? :D I think I might just have to jump in and try it. Ashdown has always been stellar in support and reliable product wise. Can't go too wrong. Thanks!

The neo cabs are really nice. A single neo 210 (with a regular abm head) is plenty loud enough for band backline, so I guess the 400w combo would be quite similar. Two neo cabs together run very loud indeed.
I was briefly in possession of a neo 210 combo, as I was sent one in error when I ordered my cabs. Its only about 7kg heavier than the cab on its own - but that made it a little bit too hefty for me. Looked really nice tho - was a shame to send it back!

Really interested in these, but at over £1k definitely won't be checking one out!

Really wanting to move over to Ashdown but looks like I'm going with the GK route. Thinking a combo is the way to go as I'm moving to the middle of a city and my budget can't really stretch to Head/cab.

Will certainly be watching these though!

There is a demo of the NEO head being used with a 2 x 10 cab , But i think they should sack that guy using a Vigier bass he's not really showing you what the rig is capable of doing all of the sounds he is using are very HiFi & treble , They would be better off using Guy Pratt or the chap that has done the route Master Demo . in my opinion ;) .

Edited by Kevin Dean

[quote name='BluRay' timestamp='1406189161' post='2509084']
I was briefly in possession of a neo 210 combo, as I was sent one in error when I ordered my cabs. Its only about 7kg heavier than the cab on its own - but that made it a little bit too hefty for me. Looked really nice tho - was a shame to send it back!
[/quote]

So no downside compared to the sound of the ABM 500? That would be too nice! GAS attack imminent!

[quote name='grenadilla' timestamp='1406205200' post='2509292']
In the States the neo 210 was $100 more than an ABM 410, when a store had some to sell. Has anyone tried both to compare ?
( I meant cabinet, not combo )
[/quote]
I traded my abm 410 in for 2x Neo 210 - so didn't compare side by side - but I think my abm 410 was darker sounding and coloured the tone a bit more. The neo is very crisp and punchy – it can run very deep but still tight. On balance I prefer the neo – but its subjective really. I could get away with a single neo 210 to match my normal backline volume – but I usually use two (which can run very loud). I’d say its definitely worth the extra $100 for nearly half the weight.

• 2 weeks later...