Why become a member? ×

The Black monolith of ARGH

ARGH

Thanks BD 300w is enough (I run a DI off the head and go through the monitors,it has the famed SansAmp curcuit fitted as standard) and I find 600w head would be far to much for pubs/clubs etc you are never going to need that amount of wattage on small stages,unless you just want to go deaf.

MP
The 4x10s handling is 8 ohms/400w capacity.

Ive run the rig up against an Ampeg on the Ampeg setting and feel its superior and alot more versitile,I would get the head as well as the cab,as they are both VERY reliable,Ive never had a problem,I know the SansAmp is by far,more widely known,but compared to EBS/Peavey/Ampeg/Hartke/Mesa/GK/Trace/SWR/Eden rigs ive tried its just plain better,this has paid for itself many many times over (If your gonna pay about 2k for a rig you should try everything thats to hand).

[quote name='rodl2005' post='25855' date='Jul 2 2007, 06:59 AM']Nice rig Argh!!!!!! I'm sure too 300w thru a 4x10 AND a 1x15 would be HEAPS!!!![/quote]

Thankyou and yes its WAAAYYY loud enough.

The 15" is a recent addition as the 9s coming I felt I needed more low end,I downtuned my fretless B to F sharp and thundered the shop when testing it out.

I only ever use rigs for stage volume as most of it gets DI'd as and when needed,its about taste and tone at the days end to fit in with as many musical situations as possible onstage. I could and will eventually get the footswitch to channel change,but I dont like to change basses or controls onstage that often (Unless I get bored or fancy a change/Challenge or a tune really needs it) as I prefer to use what onboard eq the Instrument has to fit as many tunes as possible*.

(*Less basses onstage=less stuff to carry,less stuff to get nicked on a gig)

Edited by ARGH

Nice rig! Good to see someone else using Tech21 gear! :)

The heads are great and I've heard nothing but good things about the cabs....

I have the Tech21 Landmark 600 Head and it ROARS!!!! Especially through my Mesa/Boogie Diesel 2x15EV! :huh: :huh: :huh:

Edited by cetera

[quote name='ARGH' post='26661' date='Jul 3 2007, 06:26 PM']Oh you mean you were thinking of seeing this? In its completed state?[/quote]

I can't find your original post about your build ARGH, i took this pic at Music Live in Birmingham couple of years ago, is it anything like this?

[attachment=1057:picture0082ka.jpg]

[quote name='beerdragon' post='27475' date='Jul 5 2007, 03:08 PM']I can't find your original post about your build ARGH, i took this pic at Music Live in Birmingham couple of years ago, is it anything like this?

[attachment=1057:picture0082ka.jpg][/quote]

Close,but Ive got 3 octaves of purpleheart fingerboard (fretted) and the body shape is quite different.

Ive not created a build diary/thread,I dont see a reason to on this forum. But its beautiful,far more so than other instruments,given the unusual use of woods and design,its a refreshing step from 'safe' staid traditional "Only my way is best" or "You cant/shouldnt do that" attitudes Ive encountered.

A naturally superior instrument. ^_^ is going to take a long time to master.

Edited by ARGH

[quote name='Lifer' post='29751' date='Jul 10 2007, 01:49 PM']I'm getting and Landmark 300, v.nice amps and easy to get a good sound out of it!

Best thing with the footswitch is that you can run both channels at the same time :)[/quote]

You will LOVE the tone of your Spector through it.... just be careful with your input gain level on the amp and the excessive boost available from your Spector tonepump preamp! :huh: