Why become a member? ×

Warwick streamer lx5

Bassist on the Run

Hi bass chatters,

I've been offered a black German made steamer lx5 10 years old

Great condition for around the £500 mark
Is this what you would call a deal or should I haggle?

I've never had a Warwick hence no idea on the price guide. Any help would me appriciated

Cheers

Edited by bramleyapple

That's an absolute bargain!!

I paid about £700 for the same bass but unfortunately due to a dishonest seller, I found out it had a warped neck which rendered it practically unplayable. I had it fixed but because of the extent of the warp in the neck, it would never return to it's original working condition. It was such a disappointment as it sounded incredible but I was unable to set it up to my preference so I had to sell it on at a big loss.

I've had two 4 string versions and again both absolutely fantastic basses, but ultimately I would've loved the 5 string version to have been in much better condition than it was. That is the danger of buying blind sometimes, as Pinball says above, definitely try it out first.

Edited by Josh

[quote name='Josh' timestamp='1406153176' post='2508939']
That's an absolute bargain!!

I paid about £700 for the same bass but unfortunately due to a dishonest seller, I found out it had a warped neck which rendered it practically unplayable. I had it fixed but because of the extent of the warp in the neck, it would never return to it's original working condition. It was such a disappointment as it sounded incredible but I was unable to set it up to my preference so I had to sell it on at a big loss.

I've had two 4 string versions and again both absolutely fantastic basses, but ultimately I would've loved the 5 string version to have been in much better condition than it was. That is the danger of buying blind sometimes, as Pinball says above, definitely try it out first.
[/quote]
Was that a red streamer LX 5, built in 2000? I had one with a warped neck, bought and sold at £400. From what you have said it sounds like it could be, other than your compliments about it; I found it an awful instrument :lol:

£500 for a LX 5 in good condition is a great deal, pictures and year?

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1406154654' post='2508956']

Was that a red streamer LX 5, built in 2000? I had one with a warped neck, bought and sold at £400. From what you have said it sounds like it could be, other than your compliments about it; I found it an awful instrument :lol:

£500 for a LX 5 in good condition is a great deal, pictures and year?
[/quote]

It is indeed Kev, you must've seen for yourself how much of a kick in the b***s that bass was for me. Remember, I had been assured the bass had recently been set up at The Gallery...I doubt anyone could've played it comfortably in the state it was when I recieved it.

That's a great price! I paid 500 Euros for my 2003 lefty Streamer LX5 and thought that was a steal too. It quickly became my main bass, it's great. Mine has a gloss lacquer finish rather than the more common stained oil finishes.

[quote name='Josh' timestamp='1406154885' post='2508958']
It is indeed Kev, you must've seen for yourself how much of a kick in the b***s that bass was for me. Remember, I had been assured the bass had recently been set up at The Gallery...I doubt anyone could've played it comfortably in the state it was when I recieved it.
[/quote]

I have memory like s**t sometimes, can't even remember if it was you I bought it from? Sucks bud, but personally I would have threw it back at the guy you bought it from! Was it on here?

Anyways, you will love that black LX mate, score!!

• 1 month later...