Why become a member? ×

D. Lakin Basses new website - interesting read

wateroftyne

Hi all

Dan Lakin has just put his new website live.

Even if - like me - you have no real interest in the basses, the 'history' pages are an interesting - and occasionally refreshingly honest - read.

Some of the typos raise a smile, too.

Worth a look.

http://dlakinbasses.com/

[quote name='warwickhunt' timestamp='1406200066' post='2509222']
At a glance they don't look like bad prices but unsure as to where the country of origin will be (unless I missed it on his site).
[/quote]

Made in Indonesia, price range £1,100 - £1,250. We were going to stock them but pulled out to concentrate on a US built brand in the slightly lower price bracket instead.

Edited by molan

Not a fan of the headstock shape, but otherwise they look nice. I also like the Hipshot hardware, though I feel they should also offer the option of a vintage bridge for those who don't like big solid Hipshot style A's.

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='cocco' timestamp='1407956187' post='2525785']
As a big fan of the Skylines I'm pretty excited about these. Hope they come to the UK and don't cost the earth when they do
[/quote]

As per post above, the price for the 4 string basses range from £1,100 for the standard models to £1,250 with blocks and binding.

[quote name='molan' timestamp='1407961506' post='2525864']

As per post above, the price for the 4 string basses range from £1,100 for the standard models to £1,250 with blocks and binding.

[/quote]

I missed that. It's a good price. Although the more I look at them the better looking my Lakland gets.

[quote name='cocco' timestamp='1407963746' post='2525918']

I missed that. It's a good price. Although the more I look at them the better looking my Lakland gets.
[/quote]

Sorry, I didn't mean it to sound like I was pointing out that you'd missed the earlier post. Just that the price was only an estimate before but it's definitely confirmed now :)

Interesting read, although it seems to tail off abruptly at the end.

So reading between the lines, it looks like these are basically similar to Lakland Skyline Series. built in Korea, and only sold via this website.

It does make me wonder what happened at Lakland, which is the end that's missing from the story I guess.

• 2 months later...