Why become a member? ×

2 gigs in one night !

morsefull

I've got to play 2 separate venues next Sat night.
First one's a 1 hr set at a golf club on stage at 8.00pm then the DJ takes over whilst we packup all the drums and backline and head off to do 2 x 45min sets at a private party, on stage at 10.00pm.
Luckily they're only 5 miles apart and fairly local to us.
We're setting up 2 seperate PA's during the day and picking the first one up the next morning.
Good job there's a 12.30am curfew at the last venue :)
I'm working from 6.30am to 5.30pm in the day as well !!
I sense a lie in on Sunday.

Anyone else done this or similar?

Not that close together... and all we will be carrying is back line...but we have 2 festival dates on the same day.
We have left plenty of time to enjoy the first before going to the second but these gigs are dictated by the lead singers voice
being about to handle them.
We are doing 2x1 hrs si an 1hr at each.
This is as much as we do at any gig, but the extra problem here is we may have to do the vocal killer numbers twice in a day
but we may be able to legislate that to a degree by having a better on stage P.A/monitor mix

Played three in a day on Pat's Day earlier in the year, one was an afternoon set with minimal vocal PA a (miked) Cajon, the next two were pub gigs, one on at seven, the other at ten. In all cases, we went out as a trio and used the minimum possible gear: no keys, no subs, etc. Hectic, but fun.

Next Sunday I am playing an acoustic set at a festival with one band onstage at 6pm finish at 7pm then I am playing a 2x45 sets with the covers band 20 miles away, fortunately??? they don't want us on before 10pm......what could possibly go wrong

In this hot weather your hands will sweat and your fingers start to get sore - I've had that in double headers on warm days. Wristbands will help - as will rubbing superglue on your plucking finger pads (rub it on with your other fingers - use the end of the tube !!!) , though if you aren't prepared to let it vanish naturally over the course of a couple of days you can still bugger your skin up trying to pick it off.

Hope it goes well for you; have you timed yourselves taking the drum kit down, moving stuff to your van/car and reassembling it? An hour to do that and drive the 5 miles (presume you know the route and you can park up right outside the venues) and then be ready to play might be a bit tight on time...

I've only done it once - this was with an originals band a few years ago - 70 min set in one venue, then a quick drive across London to another 70 min set.

Very tiring night, but very enjoyable. Bear in mind it's a long night, so food and fluids on hand to keep your strength up !

Good luck and have fun !