Why become a member? ×

*** SOLD *** Sadowsky Metro UV70 5 String
£1400

Gary Williams

With regret, I am selling my utterly beautiful Sadowsky Metro UV70 5 String Jazz which I bought brand new from The Gallery, London in February 2010.

It's really not getting used, fantastic as it is, so needs must.....

It is in pretty much as new condition with a few of the usual playing "swirls" on the pickguard and finish - I look after my basses so it really is immaculate.

As with all Sadowsky basses, the build quality is exemplarary with a super tight neck pocket etc. It has the 2 band EQ plus Vintage Tone Control, 20 frets, white blocks & binding, [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]70's pickup placement and a full-size body. Comes c[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]omplete with original Sadowsky case and Ernie Ball Straplocks with the strap fittings.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]As well as looking beautiful, it sounds incredible and sits in the mix like nothing else I have played.[/font][/color]

[b][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]NO TRADES please.[/font][/color][/b]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The bass is currently strung with pretty new set of Elixir roundwounds - 45-130s. [/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Weight is 10.2 lbs (4.6KG).[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I would like £1400.00 - RRP for these is currently around £2,200.00 I think and mine could pass as pretty much new I'd say.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]P&P not included - I am based in Sussex but can discuss couriers etc if needed.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I'll let the pictures do the talking.... [/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Note: the natural maple finish looks slightly darker in most of these pics than it does in the flesh. 3rd pic down is closest but I'd say it is still much lighter than that.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][i](Also please ignore the greenflies in the photos that seem to want to sit on the bass while I took the pics!)[/i][/font][/color]

Edited by Gary Williams

I have one identical to this, and it's my workhorse - sounds great on any gig. The B string is really solid and the EQ with the passive tone control (VTC) is very flexible.

To top it all, Gary is a lovely chap - he really knows his basses and looks after his gear very well. Deal with confidence!

[quote name='phagor' timestamp='1406800641' post='2514773']
I have one identical to this, and it's my workhorse - sounds great on any gig. The B string is really solid and the EQ with the passive tone control (VTC) is very flexible.

To top it all, Gary is a lovely chap - he really knows his basses and looks after his gear very well. Deal with confidence!
[/quote]

Thanks Mike - the cheque's in the post :P