Why become a member? ×

Why hello there!

Pixiechick23

Hi!
I'm a 27 year old woman from London, trying to get back into bass playing because stupidly, I stopped. I would have been playing for around 9 years now but I've just picked it up again [grr] so I'm back to newbie status.

I still have my very first bass which I bought from a seller I found in the Yellow Pages of all places, we had dial up, internet was useless. It's not a brand name bass because it was made by the woman's husband for her which is pretty cool, way too big for me if I'm honest though.
I also have a Swift and a Tanglewood Warrior 3 which is my baby, & I just ordered a 1995 Ibanez EXB 404 so I'm really excited to get that one.

Hope to meet some new people here and learn some new things, come say hi, I don't bite :)

Yeah you'll meet loads of people on here who are recently back to bass-ics *groan*

For me it was at least a 20 year lay-off until I picked up an instrument and got back into playing regularly. When I first started playing bass the Internet didn't even exist! Happily things are different now and Basschat is a great site (and I'm not even paid to say so)! :)

Drum roll for the joke please!
I'm hoping to get a lot better, nice to find I hadn't forgotten the odd Pixies song [thank you Kim Deal you simple godsend!] but there's still a lot I've forgotten. I tried guitar for a while but I was struggling way too much with it so I've stuck to bass again.
I used to be on TalkBass forums but I can't for the life of me remember my name, I was young so it was no doubt something terrible lol. I do like forums though, I only know 1 bassist I speak to on a sort of semi-ish basis so it'll be nice to talk to some more like minded people.

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1406215703' post='2509419']
Good evening, Pixiechick23 (or may I call you 'Pixie'..?) and ...

[url="http://www.smileyvault.com/"][/url]

... to the forum.
[/quote]

'Broken picture' to the forum? That's not much of a welcome, is it? :P

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1406219549' post='2509475']
[/quote]

:blush: You're right, and thanks for telling me, I thought it was summit up with my PC. I'll look into it right away. Back in a tick...

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1406219549' post='2509475']
[/quote]

Oh dear, I'm afraid that the host for those smileys has allowed the domain to lapse. Bugger..! Here's a makeshift 'Welcome' for now; I'll hunt up a better one for the next BC recruit...

[url="http://www.freesmileys.org/custom"][/url]

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1406220608' post='2509495']
Oh dear, I'm afraid that the host for those smileys has allowed the domain to lapse. Bugger..! Here's a makeshift 'Welcome' for now; I'll hunt up a better one for the next BC recruit...

[url="http://www.freesmileys.org/custom"][/url]
[/quote]
[quote name='madshadows' timestamp='1406220465' post='2509489']
Welcome to Basschat, like you I came back to bass after a long lay off, enjoy yourself on here and have fun :)

John
[/quote]

Aw you guys! Hi!

Hey Pixiechick, and welcome!

By large, BC is filled to the rim with bass players, returning bass players after long hiati (don't give a demn if that is correct - it's just so cool), and very old, very bald and very fat noobs. (Sadly I'm of the last type, but I do have a cool story: when studying classical music (composition and pipe organ in my case) many, many decades ago, my teacher asked whether I also had any albums with non-organ music, as he meant this was very important for the blah blah and the blah blah. I had to admit I had no organ music albums at all, but did have a lot of bass guitar albums. :) )

Anyway, enjoy the site and its banter. It looks as if you're nestling snuggly already.

best,
bert

Edited by BassTractor

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1406278749' post='2510004']
Very good. But in hindsight I probably should have just sent you a PM about it! :blush:
[/quote]

Nah, s'alright..! What's a bit of embarrassment between buddies, eh..? I'd have done the same for you like a shot..! :lol: :P The important bit is to make Pixie feel at home. :) B)