Why become a member? ×

South West meet up?

David Taylor

Would anyone be interested in a South West meet up? I'm thinking of either Taunton or Exeter as the location.

Since i'm new to bass i figured this would be a good way to meet other guy/gals who like Bass, get some advice, and show of my baby!! And then of course get an inferiority complex cause everyone would be so much better than me :D

If there's enough interest i'll look into locations and make a post in the events section with a poll for locations

Dave

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1406222196' post='2509523']
If you need some tips send me a PM...
[/quote]

I wont deny that as an ulterior motive :D Mostly i just wanted to meet up with a load of like minded people who share a similar passion of mine!!

What sort of location would be best, pub, meeting room?

Well, i think Exeter seems to be the location of choice :D over the weekend i'll do a bit of looking around and see if i can find a pub or something with a room we can rent. Meet up location i think should be somewhere easily found and easy to get to, so how about Mansons Guitar Shop?

id be up for this! im in south brent so only about 30 mins from exeter, bit of a nightmare meeting at mansons, dnt know the hotel but somewhere with a reasonable size room that doesnt mind some noise seems like a plan!

depending on gigging and work i could probs bring my rig, definatly be able to bring my board tho so if ppl were looking to try out some cog stuff etc

andy

I'm gonna look into this a bit more. Was chating with a mate and they recomended i ask my church, since they have a lot of PA gear there we could use already, and would be next to free.

Had a couple of PM's about this as well, and it's gotten a bit bigger than what i was thinking, but in a good way, so i'm gonna spend the next week or so looking into things. I'll post my ideas when i have them :D

Location wise, for me is vitally important since i'm gonna be on public transport, which is why i was considering exeter and taunton. Both are readily accessible (to me personally) and won't break the bank getting to. I've been give a few other places to consider as well and will look at those as well.

Just as an off thought of transport, would peeople who are thinking of coming to this and drive be willing to car pool if the people picked up chip in on the petrol costs? I think that would be cheaper all round for both the driver and those relying on public transport?

[quote name='David Taylor' timestamp='1406322837' post='2510708']
I'm gonna look into this a bit more. Was chating with a mate and they recomended i ask my church, since they have a lot of PA gear there we could use already, and would be next to free.

Had a couple of PM's about this as well, and it's gotten a bit bigger than what i was thinking, but in a good way, so i'm gonna spend the next week or so looking into things. I'll post my ideas when i have them :D

Location wise, for me is vitally important since i'm gonna be on public transport, which is why i was considering exeter and taunton. Both are readily accessible (to me personally) and won't break the bank getting to. I've been give a few other places to consider as well and will look at those as well.

Just as an off thought of transport, would peeople who are thinking of coming to this and drive be willing to car pool if the people picked up chip in on the petrol costs? I think that would be cheaper all round for both the driver and those relying on public transport?
[/quote]

I'm up for car sharing. I have a large estate car and would be coming from Swindon.

I'm central Somerset based, Taunton would be good but Exeter is only an hour so easy too.
Went to the Somerset & dorset bash earlier this year & it was an excellent way to spend an afternoon!
Would be driving people carrier so room for somebody else.
I'd bring EBMM stingray, trace v4 head, barefaced vintage cab & pedals.

[quote name='deanovw' timestamp='1406276410' post='2509956']
I would be up for it.

No further east than Exeter for me though. Exeter would be nearly a 200 mile round trip for me.
[/quote]

I could give you a lift Dean :)

Exeter would be better than Taunton for us Cornish rumblers. The last one in Sherbourne was a bit of a trek! (and not particularly South-Westerly either!)