Why become a member? ×

Celebs in Bands

Mykesbass

[quote name='leftybassman392' timestamp='1406233793' post='2509693']
Word I've heard about Mark Butcher is that he's pretty good at it. Personally I think he made the right career choice...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2CRxmoOkcc[/media]

While I'm on the 'cricketers as musicians' theme, here's Curtly Ambrose (Advisory: contains appallingly bad sound quality):

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLEMeRrvhro[/media]
[/quote]

I have no soundcard on this PC but Curtly Ambrose playing the bass is about as cool as it gets....

Hulk Hogan was a session musician in the 70's, before he became a pro wrestler. Never seen him live, yet videos of him playing with various bands are available on youtube.

Oh, and he was rumoured to have almost got the metallica bass player position early on...

http://loudwire.com/wrestler-hulk-hogan-metallica-rumors-bassist-position/

[quote name='Adrenochrome' timestamp='1406277878' post='2509980']
Aren't the brothers from 30 seconds to Mars actors?
[/quote]

Jared Leto is. In fact, the band started before he made it as an actor then got back together when he was a big star. Not sure about his brother though.

Gary Holton, who played Wayne in Auf Wiedersehen, Pet, was the singer in Heavy Metal Kids. When they reformed a few years ago the guy that played Nick Cotton in EastEnders was their singer. Then he was replaced by Phil Lewis of LA Guns.

I suppose everyone that's ever been in Neighbours should be on this list.

Didn't Christopher Lee do a metal album a couple of years ago?

Mike Wedderburn (Sky Sports Presenter) plays keys in a pro function band called Jive Honey. Very good they are too.

I saw Hugh Laurie's band at the New Theatre in Oxford last year. I've been going to big and small gigs for 25 years, and Laurie's show was the finest gig I have ever been to.

It was perfect.

I read somewhere that these days he sees acting as a way of funding his music.

A few wrestlers I can think of...

Chris Jericho sings in Fozzy.

Lita sang in a band called The Luchagors for a few years. She also sung on my band's album.

Jeff Hardy had a band that were terrible. Not sure if it's the same band but he did his current entrance music. Also terrible.

The Rock plays guitar, I believe, and once did a song with Wyclef Jean.

John Cena released a hip-hop album a while ago.

Jamie Oliver was/is drummer in a band called Scarlet Division.

DJ Mark Ratcliffe has played in quite a few bands over the years and his ex-DJ-ing partner Marc "Lard" Riley started out playing in The Fall and later his own band, The Creepers.

[quote name='fretmeister' timestamp='1406279445' post='2510022']
I saw Hugh Laurie's band at the New Theatre in Oxford last year. I've been going to big and small gigs for 25 years, and Laurie's show was the finest gig I have ever been to.

It was perfect.

I read somewhere that these days he sees acting as a way of funding his music.
[/quote]

I once read that Charlie Watts' first love is big band jazz and he used to think of his day job with the Stones as a way of funding it and their tours :)

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1406236268' post='2509731']
Russell Crowe was/is in a band called Forty Odd Foot of Grunts.
[/quote]

Unfortunately, whenever someone puts Russell Crowe and music in the same sentence, all I can think of is:
http://youtu.be/X-DblXaqQMk

"Makin' movies, makin' music and fightin' 'round the world!"