Why become a member? ×

BC car park

JapanAxe

I believe I have just had a brilliant idea:

Sometimes in a BC thread, two members will get themselves into a verbal tussle (which may or may not be directly related to the thread topic) whilst others attempt to continue the thread around them.

Instead of deleting the ever more acrimonious posts, perhaps the mods could move the content to The Local's 'car park', where the pugnacious posters can indulge in as much flaming and willy-waggling as they wish. Other members would have the option of ignoring them and concentrating on the original thread, or forming a virtual circle around the contestants and egging them on to greater verbal violence.

Well it seemed like a brilliant idea when I first thought of it...

[quote name='ead' timestamp='1406272141' post='2509907']
Isn't that 'Off Topic'?
[/quote]
Exactly what I thought, the moment [i]after[/i] I'd posted <_<
[quote name='charic' timestamp='1406280293' post='2510036']
I don't think it would be very conducive to the BC spirit, do you? :P
[/quote]
The BC spirit could carry on in the the 'proper' threads. Perhaps we could have the 'car park' hosted on youspilledmypint.com :ph34r:

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1406282421' post='2510067']
The system would be open to abuse by mods. For example, posts by members they didn't like could be moved to the dustbin of the Car Park, never to be read again, and they could even stop posts in mid
[/quote]

Gotcha..! Mwahahahah..! <_<

DIS...? DIS.....? Discreet are you there?

Has anyone seen Discreet? he promised to give me a few "How to write humorous posts"lessons...

He was supposed to be here in the...oh ...hi Dad what are you doing here?

[quote name='Raymondo' timestamp='1406285901' post='2510126']
DIS...? DIS.....? Discreet are you there?

Has anyone seen Discreet? he promised to give me a few "How to write humorous posts"lessons...

He was supposed to be here in the...oh ...hi Dad what are you doing here?
[/quote]

Shhh... ([i]taps side of nose[/i]...). We don't want all and sundry to know I'm here ... and no more talk of ... you know who. You wouldn't want to go the same way, now would you..? You can forget the lessons. :mellow:

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Mwahahahah..! [/font][/color] <_<[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] Oh, the mad power of it all, and it's mine, all mine..! All these posts, sent back to 1932, pre-web..! [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Mwahahahah..! 'Car park'..? I'll give 'em 'car park'..! Get thee hence from this place, beyond the pale, beyond our ken, beyond all redemption..! 'Car park', indeed..! [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Mwahahahah..! [/font][/color] <_<[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] Begone..![/font][/color]

Edited by Dad3353

Ah, that was fun..! Anyone else, whilst I'm here, and before I wash my hands..? No..? Just say the word, and I'll oblige any and all with another trip to the 'car park'. 70-odd years to wait before being able to reply, eh..? Step right up; don't be shy.
No takers..? Well, I'll be here when you want to discuss the point, as did those other... eh... well, we shan't go into that. No, I don't know who you mean. Let's change the subject, eh..? Humbuckers on a Jazz bass..? Flats or rounds..? Candy Apple Red v Sunburst..? :rolleyes: