Why become a member? ×

Blade B4-Traded
£1750

ryancowell25

Blade B4. Again in excellent condition. This is an early 90's model is a fantastic example of a super jazz at the fraction of the cost. I'm thinking a trade value of around £600 but will do a straight sale on this £500 delivered.

I'm not in a hurry to move these on but thought it might be a good opportunity of anyone whose interested. Always open to offers and trades and would also consider moving on both together for the right bass. Just PM with any questions.

Edited by ryancowell25

Can you provide a bit more detail on the B2 please:

- assume it's active but what are the controls and what does the switch do?
- what are the pickups?
- ash body?
- fingerboard ebony or rosewood?
- what does it weigh?

Sorry, can't find specs of early B2 models on the Blade website. Thanks

Its fairly heavy at just over 10Kg......... but extremely resonant when unplugged

I couldn't tell you the woods i'm afraid but I can tell you it was built in 1991 in is one of the original swiss models

The bass has an EQ inside the cavity. You can set two different EQs with a small screwdriver and then toggle between the two....... very handy........ also has an internal trim pot for cancelling hum.

That Fernandes 'bic copy is astonishingly accurate; only really obvious difference is the rosewood board rather than ebony. Facings look like satinwood.

Bump for a lovely brace of basses :)

These Fernandez FAB alembic copies are very rare. The woodworking on them is breathtakingly good in comparison with the real thing. The electrics are not in the same league though; it would be unrealistic to expect otherwise to be fair.

Great to see one for sale on here, good luck!

The Blade you have there is a B4, not a B2. The B4 can be recognized by the 3 knobs + toggle switch and the 4 pots in the cavity on the back. The B2 has a more simple pre-amp with 4 knobs on the front.

I have owned a couple of them, they are really very good basses if you have no problem with a liitle extra weight over a standard jazz bass, because of the ash body. The wood makes this bass sound great, and the necks are among the best I ever played.