Why become a member? ×

GECKO - Warmoth - custom neck - Price drop - 590
£750

Morten_B

Price lowered to GBP 680

Price lowered to GBP 590

I have decided to stick with 4 string basses, so I'm offering my ultra cool Warmoth Gecko for sale. This one has the medium Gecko neck - see more on this here at the Warmoth website: [url="http://www.warmoth.com/Bass/Neck/Gecko/GeckoMedium.aspx"]http://www.warmoth.c...eckoMedium.aspx[/url]

The neck is amazing and is a one off custom neck from Warmoth with a different lamination than the standard necks. This one is wenge, bloodwood and maple. It's a raw neck (no finish) and a dream to play. The fretboard is black ebony.

The body is swamp ash with sunset orange transparent finish. The orange matches the wenge neck beautifully. To my knowledge this is the only Gecko out there with a pick guard, and under the guard is a large routing so you can add / change pick ups without having to route the body, all that will be needed is a new pick guard... clever thinking by the original buyer (not me ;-))

The pick up is the Nordstrand MM 5.2 and the preamp is Bartolini NS2TBM18.

Hipshot bridge and Hipshot ultralite tuners...

The bass is low weight (4,1kg's) and in excellent condition. It comes with the generic gig bag shown and I can pack it for safe shipping.

[attachment=167656:IMG_6248.jpg]

[attachment=167557:IMG_7364.jpg]

[attachment=167558:IMG_7365.jpg]

[attachment=167556:IMG_6078.jpg]

[attachment=167559:IMG_7368.jpg]

[attachment=167560:IMG_7371.jpg]

[attachment=167561:IMG_7372.jpg]

[attachment=167562:IMG_7373.jpg]

Edited by Morten_B

Thanks guys... Yes it's a cool bass, but I have to agree with you Alan: One string too many (for me). This neck is awesome though..! It's the best neck I have experienced on any bass. It's super smooth and the way it's thin on the treble side and a bit more round on the bass side really works. I wish I could get used to playing a 5'er...

Regarding the pick guard it's true that it's unusual for a Gecko, but I really dig it. That guard, and the custom neck was the reasons why I bought this particular Gecko from the US and went through all the troubles and expenses with import taxes etc etc getting it into the EU. Here is another picture that perhaps shows the pick guard a little better (also added to the first post). I really like the ''Gecko meets Musicman'' look that goes so well with the MM pick up in this beast.

[attachment=167646:IMG_6248.jpg]

Edited by Morten_B

• 1 month later...