Why become a member? ×

Please tell me what make this bass is!

spurs78

Hi all,

I bought this beautiful bass guitar in Thailand a few years ago and have forgotten what the make was (you may have guessed, I'm a beginner). I've uploaded the picture of the logo. Any help much appreciated!

It's a four string, wooden bass guitar with f holes.

Spurs78

Edited by spurs78

[quote name='lukeward2004' timestamp='1406369513' post='2510930']
No idea - warwick rip off maybe?
[/quote]

That's what I thought. A pic of the full bass, like LeftyJ suggested, would improve chances of a match.

I'm unfamiliar with the logo... any other writing or numbers on the bass?

It could be a Cort or Samick bass rebranded for a regional seller - That's what I think of first when it comes to budget basses.

If it has F-holes like you describe, is there a label within the body? It's not unusual for hollowbody instruments to have a label underneath the soundhole where you can find the brand, model, country of origin and / or serial number.

Somebody on BC knows. I think I remember the logo from a thread two to three years ago, and back then it was solved. I tried searching, but to no avail. Keep up hope though: if enough people see the thread, eventually someone will come along who knows it.

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1406884710' post='2515533']
Somebody on BC knows. I think I remember the logo from a thread two to three years ago, and back then it was solved. I tried searching, but to no avail.[/quote]
That's exactly what I thought when I saw the headstock pic - pretty sure I've seen that squiggle before, and for my money it's a stylised "M".

Something beginning with M, then...

Jon.