Why become a member? ×

Fave tour t shirts .

Must dig deep for that one: simply the t-shirts with only the classic Yes logo in blueish and whiteish with a red line around, as they were sold in the early seventies, during the Tales and Relayer tours.

Edit: something like this:

[url="http://s1170.photobucket.com/user/basstractor1/media/Yeslogoclassict-shirt_zps31bc8556.jpg.html"][/url]

Oh, and also something like this, but without the text, making it a lot more beautiful. They sold them during a European tour at the time Draconian Times was released. '96 or so?
Had great quality, so I wore it for years and years

Funnily even my old mother-in-law thought it was beautiful.
I never explained her the picture though. :)

[url="http://s1170.photobucket.com/user/basstractor1/media/bsi_plost46_zps7aff6baa.gif.html"][/url]

Edited by BassTractor

I don't understand this whole tour tshirt thing. You men seem obsessed with it. Hubby is the same, he has a whole suitcase full of the things!!

Some he's worn until they are falling apart, others he's never worn and he's keeping them like museum exhibits.

What gives boys?

The only time I've ever bought a tour tshirt is last year as I really liked a design on the Wall tshirt when I saw Roger Waters. That's it!

Motorhead - Bomber tour. My first ever gig. Wore the t (and washed it!) until it dissolved.
Not many images around, perhaps because everyone did the same?
Must be the original monochrome version.. the modern colour versions look somehow wrong.[attachment=167655:Bomberfront.jpg]

I am searching for my Dumpy's Rusty Nuts shirt from around 1990.....big pair of flying googles on the front and i had Dumpy for Xmas on the back.....lol

@Spacechick i love my t-shirts it's just difficult to explain haha

Edited by Number6

[quote name='neepheid' timestamp='1406368007' post='2510914']
I only have a few. My favourite has to be my Iron Maiden one from their gig at Download 2007. First time I had seen Maiden live! I use it sparingly and wash it inside out :)

[/quote]

I learnt all my laundry skillz from tour shirts. I'd never let my Mum touch them after she ironed over the front of Judas Priest.

[quote name='SpaceChick' timestamp='1406359802' post='2510838']
I don't understand this whole tour tshirt thing. You men seem obsessed with it. Hubby is the same, he has a whole suitcase full of the things!!

Some he's worn until they are falling apart, others he's never worn and he's keeping them like museum exhibits.

What gives boys?

The only time I've ever bought a tour tshirt is last year as I really liked a design on the Wall tshirt when I saw Roger Waters. That's it!
[/quote]

It's a bloke thing Debs, you just have to have them....don't know why...and you always have to keep them, I still have my 1986 Ramones Animal Boy Tour T Shirt it is in two pieces now but it isn't getting thrown away anytime soon. I have every Stiff Little Fingers Tour T Shirt since they last reformed and my last purchase was a 35th Anniversary Chameleons Script of the Bridge tour T Shirt...happy days indeed :)

[quote name='SpaceChick' timestamp='1406359802' post='2510838']

What gives boys?
[/quote]

It's a showing off thing, to advertise our masculine prowess and success to the world. Same as baldy men in sporty cars with personalised number plates or playing in a band with other old has-beens. It's all about sex in the end and your Hubby is proof that it works. ;)

[quote name='Roger2611' timestamp='1406404152' post='2511296']

It's a bloke thing Debs, you just have to have them....don't know why...and you always have to keep them, I still have my 1986 Ramones Animal Boy Tour T Shirt it is in two pieces now but it isn't getting thrown away anytime soon. I have every Stiff Little Fingers Tour T Shirt since they last reformed and my last purchase was a 35th Anniversary Chameleons Script of the Bridge tour T Shirt...happy days indeed :)
[/quote]

I've mentioned this thread to hubby, he's threatening to go up the loft and get the suitcase down. His favourite is a 1991 Eric Clapton tour tshirt, which is now only kept for "Special Occasions".

He's now told me about the "Great t shirt theft of 1996" where his Pink Floyd at Earls Court t shirt was stolen off his washing line, along with some other tour tshirts!

[quote name='flyfisher' timestamp='1406404911' post='2511305']

It's a showing off thing, to advertise our masculine prowess and success to the world. Same as baldy men in sporty cars with personalised number plates or playing in a band with other old has-beens. It's all about sex in the end and your Hubby is proof that it works. ;)
[/quote]

That's made me laugh!!! I've never viewed hubby's t shirts as a source of his sexiness.... In fact that may be something that would drop him from an 8 out of 10 to a 7.5 ;)

[quote name='SpaceChick' timestamp='1406455267' post='2511525']

That's made me laugh!!! I've never viewed hubby's t shirts as a source of his sexiness.... In fact that may be something that would drop him from an 8 out of 10 to a 7.5 ;)
[/quote]

That would make him a good 9 in my eyes.....tell him he's pulled :gas:

This one - Slade UK Tour 1981 from the gig at Wakey Unity Hall. It's a bit like a baby camel's chewing rag these days but I won't part with it. I never wear other bands T shirts on stage but made an exception for this because we were on the same bill as the latest version of Slade at a festival at Nostell Priory a few years ago.

Edited by Dr.Dave

[quote name='Number6' timestamp='1406487369' post='2511881']
The Anthrax t-shirt i have (somewhere) was from this gig at Hammersmith Odeon in 1987.....when i was 15

Anthrax - I Am The Law (Live 1987): http://youtu.be/tCdsO1mBGE4

Now i feel old.....
[/quote]

We were at the same gig ;) I really wish it was this time all over again

[quote name='SpaceChick' timestamp='1406455267' post='2511525']
He's now told me about the "Great t shirt theft of 1996" where his Pink Floyd at Earls Court t shirt was stolen off his washing line, along with some other tour tshirts!
[/quote]
That [i]must[/i] have made the local news?!?