Why become a member? ×

Laney Linebacker 120B Combo, does exactly what it says on the tin

Guest MoJo

I got invited to jam with a, currently bass-less, local band at a dingy rehearsal studio in the West Midlands. Usual array of cheap 80's / 90's ebay/gumtree sourced equipment including a beat up Laney Linebacker 120B bass combo. I plugged in, turned it on and was pleasantly surprised. It gave an honest representation of my BB414, no farting, buzzing noises and was plenty loud enough, in fact, I had to turned down. I could hear every note I played. It'd easily hold it's own in a pub band. Not awe inspiring but a good, solid working combo. I've always steered clear of Laney gear, it always gets a similar rap to Behringer bass gear but, I've had my eyes opened. I'd happily gig in a pub band with one of these

Edited by MoJo

[quote name='MoJo' timestamp='1406366181' post='2510893']it always gets a similar rap to Behringer bass gear but, I've had my eyes opened.[/quote]

Pfft, does it? It shouldn't like, Laney make some good stuff and they make some brilliant guitar stuff.

[quote name='Jack' timestamp='1406398023' post='2511227']

Pfft, does it? It shouldn't like, Laney make some good stuff and they make some brilliant guitar stuff.
[/quote]

Unfortunately it does with the exception of the Nexus. You're right, it shouldn't

Edited by MoJo

Nive to see this getting some love.

I've still got my Laney 120B, bought new in 1993. I currently have the amp section housed in a separate enclosure and use it as a head into a 4x10 cab.
To be honest, I haven't tried too many other amps but I've never been able to justify replacing it (its got enough power for the gigs I play, plus I'm a tight arsed northerner).