Why become a member? ×

SOLD: G&L Tribute M-2000
£350

neepheid

Selling due to shortfall between my insurance settlement and the cost of my replacement car, I have for your consideration this G&L Tribute M-2000. I'm sure you know the story behind these - basswood body (solid finish), maple neck, rosewood fingerboard. 2x MFD humbuckers slightly throttled back versus the ones in the L-2000 then permanently wired in series. 18V 3 band EQ with master volume and blend.

Funny story behind this particular bass - it is a rare and typically unavailable finish combination in a Tribute, but not due to some prestigious limited run or anything. A factory error meant that a batch of what were supposed to be GTB models snuck out with no binding on the bodies but retaining the matching headstock and vintage tint on the back of the neck. Only 24-36 of these were made before the mistake was realised, G&L took delivery of them, shrugged and sold 'em anyway.

These are fantastic basses - the neck is lovely - not too chunky, not too skinny. 41mm nut, medium C profile. If you have tried a Tribute L-2000 and was put off by the way chunky neck (44mm nut, half a baseball bat profile ;) ) then the M-2000 may well suit your playing style better. The EQ is well suited to the pickups as you might expect, in particular I find the high end is especially sweet and musical with no harshness or brashness.

Anyway, I'm looking for £350 for this bass. No offers please. Comes with a rather nice G&L gigbag. Willing to post at buyer's cost.

Edited by neepheid

Neepheid, I could be interested in this and will be about 2hrs from Aberdeen towards the end of the week for a couple of days. I have no internet where I am going, however. Can you pm me your number and I will try and log in between now and then so I can call you.