Why become a member? ×

Fender Modern Player short scale bass bass

pqs

It arrived from Gak this morning via Fed Ex asked for a morning delivery and it was at home at 9 when I arrived after having a tooth out so that was good. Sounds to me like the Squire Jag short scale but more powerful have only has a quick check on my Marshall MB15 but it sounded to me just what I had hoped for the jag with balls. The pick ups are louder (even the jazz which is a weakness in the jazz), the bridge is more substantial the neck only has 18 freights compared to 20 but I never go that so it won't bother me :)
Out of the box the neck seemed straight no sharp edges e string a little bright still I will get it set up and it should be good .

[attachment=167666:2014-07-26 13.24.01.jpg] this is the new boy
and that is him with his brothers.

Will review it properly after next rehearsal
Regards
Peter

Edited by pqs

Yes it is, it looks to me and sounds really good. I may update the jag pick ups for them and then get rid of the Squier P it is an Affinity but fitted with some sort of SD pickups but sounds great. Decisions Decisions :D

[quote name='pqs' timestamp='1406404980' post='2511307']
Yes it is, it looks to me and sounds really good. I may update the jag pick ups for them and then get rid of the Squier P it is an Affinity but fitted with some sort of SD pickups but sounds great. Decisions Decisions :D
[/quote]

Very good! I had just about talked myself out of buying one of these until I saw the pictures. GAS attack!

I got one in candy apple red yesterday. Fitted a set of flats on her today. This is a very very nice bass. Finish is just as good as my pawn shop mustang and my mij 62 reissue P, both twice the price. Fresh out of the box and the only thing I had to do was tune her up, realy feels nice to play .