Why become a member? ×

Now Gone - Unloaded / Empty 1970's 2x12 Cab Finds New Home

skankdelvar

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]My very first cab from 1978. Does the do for bass or guitar. Cosmetically challenged but structurally fine. Made from finest quality chipboard.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Can be used horizontally or vertically. Bang in some 12" speakers and you've got a functioning 2x12. Built by a company called AVS who mostly did cinema and club installations.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Sorry, collection only from BA15 (near Bath) or I will drop it off for petrol within a reasonable distance. PM me with any questions [/font][/color] :)

Original for sale thread [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/236404-l10-2x12-cab-unloaded-1970s"]here[/url] Edited by skankdelvar

[quote]
'May contain a fragment of The True Cross' -type bump

"Dear Mr Del Var

I am instructed by His Holiness to inform you that your 2x12 cabinet (unloaded) is referenced in the following documents as possibly containing a fragment of the Crux Veritas and therefore possessing Holy Qualities.

(i) The fourth letter of St Nicodemus to the Romans AD 47

(ii) Appendix XXIV of the minutes of the second Nicaean Council of AD 787

(iii) Expenses claim form submitted by Cardinal Beppo of Mantua circa 1443

His Holiness wishes you well and eagerly anticipates hooking up for a sherbet when he comes over to view the cab. Any chance you could move a bit on the price? The Vatican museum is a bit strapped ATM.

Yours

Father Fegato Veneziana
Papal Private Secretary[/quote]

On this basis I'd request it for use in church, but I suspect it's a fake. ;)

[quote name='Ancient Mariner' timestamp='1406658775' post='2513525']
On this basis I'd request it for use in church, but I suspect it's a fake. ;)
[/quote]
I can recommend [i]The Parish Churches of England[/i] by J. Charles Cox, published by B.T. Batsford Ltd., in The British Heritage Series, to help you avoid fake churches in future. :)

[quote name='Michael J' timestamp='1406661584' post='2513552']
I can recommend [i]The Parish Churches of England[/i] by J. Charles Cox, published by B.T. Batsford Ltd., in The British Heritage Series, to help you avoid fake churches in future. :)
[/quote]

I like this. :)

• 1 month later...

[quote name='skankdelvar' timestamp='1410575532' post='2550983']
Yes, indeed I do and it's still available. :)
[/quote]

This fellow...

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/245126-2x12-empty-bass-cab/page__pid__2550880#entry2550880"]2 x 12 cab wanted...[/url]

...seems to be looking for one. Any good to you..?

• 1 month later...