Why become a member? ×

spector rebop vs spector euro?

jassbass

Here are the two spec lists off Spector's site (sorry about the different sized text, had to zoom out to get everything in). The first is for the rebop, the second for the euro.

[attachment=167707:spector rebop.png]

[attachment=167708:specotr euro 5lx.png]

If I had the money I think I'd go euro, if just for some of the colours available - I think the rebop only comes in black stain, whereas emerald green and gloss black cherry are stunning!

Rebop has chunkier neck (back to front). It balances in a different way because it has a bolt-on neck. Tonewise, Rebop is closer to other active bolt-on basses. Euro has that 'Spector' sound (whatever that means). I would go for the Euro if I could choose.

I've owned both. The Euro was heavier but more comfortable - my Rebop suffered with the old neck dive a bit as the body is very light and a bit smaller than the Euro body.
I never owned them at the same time so never got to make a proper comparison but I remember them being very similar tonally, but then again, I dirty up my tone quite a bit and the results were similar, both can be brutally aggressive beasties. Clean actives are not the way for me. :)