Why become a member? ×

Shameless self-promotion

Panamonte

Did some recording in the rehearsal studio last week with my Yamaha multitrack and was pleased with how it turned out. This is Shabberoon, the post-punk/funk 4 piece I play with. We recorded 3 songs, this is one of them:

[url="https://soundcloud.com/shabberoon/put-me-off-love"]https://soundcloud.c...put-me-off-love[/url]

Yes, I probably should have posted this in Recordings but then you'd never have seen it, would you? Feedback welcome, the more abusive the better ;)

Thanks mate. I've got a Yamaha AW1600 - trusty old warhorse that has done sterling service over the years. I spend enough of my waking hours staring at a screen as it is, so I like having something other than a a PC or Mac based system to record on at home. I link it up with my Motif XS to give me another 16 MIDI tracks. Fun, fun, fun!

Ooh, nice. I've just got a lowly Yamaha MD8 8-track which uses Minidisc Data Discs (ha, ha, ha). But in the spirit of this self-promoting thread I offer up this link to three songs we recorded on it under a railway arch in Bermondsey (in between trains). There is NO high-end production content. ;)

[url="http://bit.ly/1rJ4Pxj"]http://bit.ly/1rJ4Pxj[/url]

So there you go - not only have I gone Off-Topic, I've derailed your thread, which itself is in the wrong forum - so I claim to be just as self-promoting as you are, but also have parasitical tendencies and have compounded a felony!! WOOO!! :D

Edited by discreet

What a great sounding band. Have you got any gigs coming up?

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1406464559' post='2511636']
not only have I gone Off-Topic, I've derailed your thread, which itself is in the wrong forum - so I claim to be just as self-promoting as you are, but also have parasitical tendencies and have compounded a felony!! WOOO!! :D
[/quote]

If that doesn't deserve some kind of prize I don't know what does - good work!

[quote name='Panamonte' timestamp='1406466350' post='2511653']
What a great sounding band. Have you got any gigs coming up?
[/quote]

Thanks very much. :blush: We now have a decent promoter on the case, so hopefully soon. I will post them on BC of course.

[quote name='Panamonte' timestamp='1406466350' post='2511653']
If that doesn't deserve some kind of prize I don't know what does - good work!
[/quote]

Haha! :lol:[size=4] More likely to get us relegated to Off Topic, but thanks anyway! :)[/size]

To the OP, I liked the track, Panamonte, my only criticism (small but hopefully constructive) is that the vocal is a bit weak & wavers off key, the rest is good. I like that post punk/funk gang of 4, magazine, xtc vibe. will check out your other tracks when I get to a PC (soundcloud don't like my phone).
To the parasitic hijaker discreet, like your track too, especially the warts n'all garagey recording vibe, its got inbuilt energy, great loud guitars.

All in all, thumbs up from me, nice work fellas, look forward to hearing more!

Listened a few more times & the vox have grown on me a bit, the quavering style kinda works!
Like the organ work on the other track & the whammy bar lead guitar work on aubergine is cool! Nice bass tone throughout too :-)