Why become a member? ×

Alesis IO2 & KRK R5 Monitors Buzzing

aLxbass

I've not long got these monitors and i have noticed when they are hooked up to my IO2 into my mac, every time a sound is made wether it be iTunes, Spotify, Logic Pro etc.. once i stop the music/recording my monitors will buzz for a considerable amount time afterwards, even thought they aren't pumping anything out.

They also do it whilst they are in use (if i play a song at low volume i can hear the buzz behind the song).

I don't think it's anything to do with the Monitors or cables, as soon as i unplug the IO2 the buzzing stops. I have read up about grounding problems and i don't think thats the case (both monitors are connected to the same 4way power adapter directly into the wall) and i don't think theres anything that could be causing interference. theres just the monitors, interface and mac on my desk.

It's quite annoying, any help would be appreciated.

Alex

Oh, and it might be worth mentioning.

On my IO2, if my input setting is on Digital the buzzing is twice as loud then it is if set to Analog.

&

When Im not trying to listen to any audio and they are buzzing they will continue even if i turn my volume completely down, aslong as they are connected to my IO2 they will buzz for a while after producing sound.

Edited by aLxbass