Why become a member? ×

Micropog woes

Pinball

Hi, Pog advice needed please.

I bought a micropog recently from here but installing it on my board giving me a lot of grief. I keep loosing signal though my pedal chain, sometimes almost immediately and sometimes after a minute or two.

I have tried swapping the power brick, cables, changes the order of the pedals and the problem just keeps coming back. I have just checked some forums and one suggested solution was to give it its own dedicated power supply and that seems to be working so far.

Two questions:
1. my confidence in the pedal has taken a knock, do you think its developing a problem
2. Where should I put it in the chain? At the moment I have it at the end after the distortions but it does seem to work OK in other positions.

Advice much appreciated as I love the effect so want to use it!

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1406537286' post='2512141']
Do you get the same problem when simply powering the POG on it's own? Say with a single Boss adapter or something?

Si[quote name='iamtheelvy' timestamp='1406534172' post='2512105']
Never had an issue with the pedal itself, but it is a power guzzler... you need at least a 100ma supply for the pedal, preferably higher, and it can be one that doesn't play nice with daisy chain supplies.
[/quote]
[/quote]

Thanks chaps, as I said originally [i]"[/i][font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#282828"][i] I have just checked some forums and one suggested solution was to give it its own dedicated power supply and that seems to be working so far"[/i]. Although I just tried it for 10 mins before posting this morning and it seemed to be working. Its own dedicated supply may be the answer. I'll be able to road test it properly tonight and will let you know how I get on..[/color][/font]

Which power brick are you using? These are usually fine, unless it's not isolated outputs. I've used the Voodoo Labs and Supacharger with the POG successfully. Like I said, it does use a lot of power up, hence no battery compartment.

I had similar problems to you with mine and my setup I think. A friend of mine suggested I hoover out the jack sockets and the power input socket to get rid of any excess dust, which I then did on all my pedals. I haven't had any problems since! I daisy chain it with 7 other pedals from my diago power supply. Worked for me. Worth a shot at least?

[quote name='Spoonman' timestamp='1406544306' post='2512223']
I had similar problems to you with mine and my setup I think. A friend of mine suggested I hoover out the jack sockets and the power input socket to get rid of any excess dust, which I then did on all my pedals. I haven't had any problems since! I daisy chain it with 7 other pedals from my diago power supply. Worked for me. Worth a shot at least?
[/quote]
Cleaning didn't work but using a separate PU does. The PU units I use on both boards are cheap Bellcat ones as they haven't given me any problems with my other pedals. Using a separate PU is no big deal so thats fine.

Edited by Pinball

[quote name='elephantgrey' timestamp='1406554131' post='2512356']
As someone with an almost exclusively digital pedalboard, its strange hearing 100mA as demanding…
[/quote]

Yeh I have a few pedals which need more like 400 ma. I use a Godlyke powerall on a daisy chain and still need more psus.