Why become a member? ×

Bass Mafia Happening @ Athens, Greece

Audiokostas

It was an idea, becoming a "decision", brought to the table under the influence of locally (as well internationally) brewed goodies, on a Saturday night beginning of May.
Usually those decisions / promises have a life span of couple of hours (no later than the "morning after").
This one though, stuck in our minds for a little longer.

A gig, tribute to the bass, by the bassists.

It was Wednesday 18th of June, a warm night in Athens, couple of days after full moon (and a good thing that was, since you don't want to let all those bassists loose on stage under a full moon) when the gig took place at Lazy Club.

Booked the club and we gathered about 40 (or more) basses (the majority owned by my good friend and excellent bassist John) on display, accessible to anyone who wants to see them, observe them and try them.

At the same time, about 15 bassists were invited, about have a dozen singers, 2-3 guitar players, 4 (I think) drummers, in order to jam on stage. Some of the songs agreed couple of hours before the gig but most of them on-the-fly.

I am very proud that I was a part of this happening (just assisting in organising, not playing) and I wanted to share it with you.

Although the whole gig was taped (one way or another), here is the opening song with two basses (later there cases with three (!!)) on stage.

I hope you like it.

[media]http://youtu.be/EhUY78TP49w[/media]

Edited by Audiokostas