Why become a member? ×

Acoustic strings

joeystrange

You can, but will probably sound less 'acousticy' than bronzewounds. (Also may not respond so well with piezo pickups as bronzes?)
I have a Washburn EA20 and usually use Elites acoustic strings and they are fine.
Having said that, Strings Direct are offering free postage on orders till 31st August, and have Fender Phosphor Bronze
sets in at £13.99 so may be tempted to try some.

[quote name='casapete' timestamp='1406557312' post='2512396']
Having said that, Strings Direct are offering free postage on orders till 31st August, and have Fender Phosphor Bronze
sets in at £13.99 so may be tempted to try some.
[/quote]

I've a set of those on my Tanglewood acoustic. Have to say, I'm a bit disappointed with 'em. Sounded OK new, but went off and just made a dull thud very quickly.

Wondering what to try next...

[quote name='barkin' timestamp='1406565996' post='2512512']
I've a set of those on my Tanglewood acoustic. Have to say, I'm a bit disappointed with 'em. Sounded OK new, but went off and just made a dull thud very quickly.

Wondering what to try next...
[/quote]

This refers to the Fender Phosphor Bronze & i tend to agree - I'm thinking on black nylons from Status next http://www.status-graphite.com/status/frames/index_home.html