Including a delay on my pedal board?

Pinball

Hi, some opinions please

I have a set up as follows:

Bass Synth Wah <
Tuner < Loopmaster < EBS Compressor < Guitar in
Guitar out < MicroPog < Aguilar Agro Distortion < EBS Metal Drive <

I hope that makes sense.

I quite like the Micropog at the end because it cleans up the Aguilar distortion, which can be a bit noisy and I have the Synth Wah in a loop for the same reason. Where is the best place for a delay? At the ned near the Micropog or maybe in the loop?

the only thing i have after my delay pedal is my loopstation if im using it. Seams to work well. I would try sticking it in different positions in the chain though, delay is one of the types of effects that can dramatically change when put before different effects instead of after them.

I put Delay last in my chain, you ideally want the repeats to be audible and to understand what is going on, specially with bass and the low frequencies it produces.

One of my guitar mates has 2 delays on his board, 1 at the beginning and the other 1 at the end and both sound wicked depending on what you are looking for.

Remember, there is no right or wrong in FX Land! Just let your ears (and maybe band mates...) tell you if it is right or wrong.

But as I said, check various positions on your fx chain.

Cheers.

Edited by Byo