Why become a member? ×

Aria Pro II LEB Laser Electric 'Classic' £125 NOW SOLD
£125

Paul S

Surplus to requirements.

Aria Pro II LEB Laser Electric 'Classic' bass, in black. Matsumoku built in 1985, the 'Classic' model has an 18v active eq, which works like the Thunder 1A eq in that, from a centre indent, it will boost treble one way, boost bass t'other, powered by 2 PP9s. A sort of P/J arrangement of pickups with a central P style split humbucker and bridge Jazz type. 3 position toggle selects the pups. Another toggle gives active/ passive, whereby the active boost/cut becomes a passive tone control. Weighs in at just under 9lbs and is, according to my ruler, 39mm at the nut. 22 frets.

Minus side. A bit scruffy here and there but generally ok for a 29 yr old. If it were stripped of hardware and given a good polish it would come up really nicely. Except for two big scratches on the body I have tried to show. Pickup mounting screws - out of the original 6 only 3 remain, plus one wrong one that barely does the job. I mean, they aren't going to fall out, but they aren't held in place as they should be :) The volume of the bridge pickup is low and when selecting the middle position it is even lower. No idea why but, as I always just use the P pickup, I haven't bothered to investigate.

Plus side. A nicely built instrument that, even with just the middle pickup, has a decent range of tones. Sounds huge just rolled off the indent position to give a slight bass boost. Also sounds good passive, though. Neck is gorgeous, as you would expect from a Matsumoku of this vintage. The bridge is really good, a high mass job that is inset into a routed pocket. I have gigged with it and would continue to do so unhesitatingly other than I have too many basses and this one drew the short straw. Currently strung with decent flats.

In view of the issues with it, none of which are major, I am asking a very realistic £125 collected from SS7 1LD or £145 posted. Or meet half way or I can deliver a reasonable distance from here for fuel.

Bank Transfer, PayPal gift or cash if collected/meet up. Any questions, please ask.

[attachment=167881:P1000820(1).JPG][attachment=167878:P1000821(1).JPG][attachment=167879:P1000822(1).JPG][attachment=167880:P1000823(1).JPG][attachment=167882:P1000824(1).JPG][attachment=167883:P1000825(1).JPG][attachment=167884:P1000826(1).JPG][attachment=167885:P1000827(1).JPG]

Edited by Paul S

Have a free bump for a great bass.

These are such great basses - passive and active versions, I have both.

This is a give away price.

I know it's not a P or J or any of the fashionable basses but as an instrument/tool,
you just can't go wrong.
Gigged mine both indoors and outdoor events - Big Sound.

If somone is looking for a great player, even to use as a back up You Cannot Go
Wrong with this.

Good luck with the sale - I'm off to play my black one now, which is about 6 foot away from me! :)

Cheers. :)

Hi John - I am fine, my good fellow - yourself? I can't remember where this one came from, other than I bought it on eBay about a year ago.

Going to put his on hold for now, use it this week at rehearsals to see if I can re-kindle the love, and allow it to drift down the list for now.

[quote name='oldslapper' timestamp='1407661161' post='2522614']
Alright Paul?

I think this may have been mine at one point, if not had exactly the same model. HUUUUGE P bass sound and very comfy to play.
John
[/quote]

John - I had it - still got it. . . . . . I just don't get it!! LOL :huh:

These are really great basses!

If this was a naff Ric copy etc, at twice the price - it would have gone in a flash.

This is function - John, you know how loud and powerful these are - does anyone
want a damn good bass for very little money?

That's me done. :D

Edited by FlatEric

Crikey - there's a bump and a half! And from such a connoisseur, too! Thank you FE!

Edit - away from my pc over the weekend.

You know, just in case.

:)

Edited by Paul S