Why become a member? ×

Akai Deep Impact Problem...Help!

PauBass

My Deep Iimpact is not working anymore :(

For the past few weeks it has been playing up, sometimes it would work, sometimes it wouldn't.
I tracked the issue down to the power input socket, it seemed like it was a bit loose and not working properly, with a bit of twiddling and a piece of paper card, I secured it, so it wasn't moving around, and it was working fine but today it has completely stopped working.

Today the pedal won't power properly, if you move the power socket it will power but no way to make it work. It seems to me like the power socket needs replacing or soldering properly.

Anyone else has had a similar problem?

Who or where I could have the pedal checked? I'm not very handy and I rather not touch it myself.

Edited by PauBass

[quote name='NoirBass' timestamp='1406664302' post='2513589']
Sounds like a dry joint on the board, find someone handy with a soldering iron and it should be a quick fix.
[/quote]

Thanks for the advice.

I was hoping to find someone that can repair pedals and I was wondering if anyone here on the forum knew who.

You've possibly got a BCer nearby who's handy with a soldering iron. You could contact GAK in Brighton to see if they offer a repair service in case nobody here can offer practical help or look online for local luthiers who work with electrics or amp technicians.

[quote name='HowieBass' timestamp='1406741913' post='2514329']
You've possibly got a BCer nearby who's handy with a soldering iron. You could contact GAK in Brighton to see if they offer a repair service in case nobody here can offer practical help or look online for local luthiers who work with electrics or amp technicians.
[/quote]
[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1406742842' post='2514341']
You could try a PM to [url="http://basschat.co.uk/user/7835-kiogon/"]KiOgon[/url], I think he's done this sort of repair before. His location shows Bexhill on Sea, not far from Peacehaven, I think..?
Hope this helps...
[/quote]e]

Thanks guys!

I'll contact Kiogon and see if he can help me...he's not far from me.

[quote name='KiOgon' timestamp='1406806271' post='2514850']
Sorted :) it was a pleasure meeting Pablo today & his pedal is 'making all sorts of horrible noises' once again :D :P

Cheerz, John
[/quote]

Yes, all sorted now!...Thanks to KiOgon's knowledge and expertise. He's been very helpful and a true gentleman.
I'm so glad, the pedal is now back on my board and I'm ready to start learning Whitney Houston's "I Wanna Dance With Somebody"

Also, thanks to you all for your advice...I love Basschat!

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1406833960' post='2515203']
Ahhh, and I was about to offer £10 for a broken pedal ;) :D
[/quote]

Blame KiOgon not me,I was about to sell it for £5!

[quote name='ezbass' timestamp='1406842957' post='2515330']
Another quality result for the BC community.
[/quote]

This is one of the reasons I love Basschat so much!