Why become a member? ×

Musicman Stingray 5 scratchplate

Bassman68

Read this recently on Talkbass, you could try it..

"Go to any MusicMan dealer and give them the serial number of your bass along with the new pickguard colour you want. They will forward your serial number on to the factory where a new pickguard can be made for you. The reason for the serial number is, that Ernie Ball keep a record of every instrument that they've ever made including the exact position of every pickguard mounting hole (template) that they've used.
This way when you get the new pickguard, all of the holes will line up perfectly with the existing ones in the body of the bass.
I personally just changed the pickguard on my StingRay5 from black to tortiseshell. It took me all of 5 minutes to remove and reinstall the new one.
I didn't have to remove the original pickguard and trace it then put it back on my bass, and then send the tracing off to them to make an accurate new one. EB already had all of the information they needed. So I didn't have to waste my time and screw around with it.
I sent Ernie Ball a email one day asking them for some specific info on my bass, they quickly responded back with the entire description of my bass to me. They included the day/month/year it was made, the colour of the body and neck, pickguard colour, electronic configuration, etc.
Cheers"