Why become a member? ×

Aguilar Filter Twin love

mcnach

I have been trying a bunch of envelope filters over the past couple of years, and the Aguilar has resisted... until today.

I have owned a few of the usual suspects: DOD FX25, 3Leaf Proton, MXR BOD, Source Audio BEF and BEF Pro, various Boss and others. Some better than others, in my opinion. Except for the MXR, I think I liked every other pedal a little bit. But Lately I only had the Source Audio BEF, all others were gone.

Now, a Filter Twin appeared for sale, and I went for it... and I'm liking it a LOT.
It's the first Aguilar pedal I really like too :lol: I didn't get along with their Agro and Octamizer pedals, but this one is just simple and it sounds good no matter what I do. The sweep perhaps could be a bit more pronounced, but whatever, it sounds really really good. I like what adding the second down filter does to the sound...

Why did I wait so long? I love the BEF, but the large footprint makes it a bit of a pain sometimes. The Filter Twin will do the job nicely in a smaller package. And it plays really well with overdrive/fuzz... :)

Now I want a Jazz bass in the same colour as the pedal :P

• 2 months later...

[quote name='tonyclaret' timestamp='1414308140' post='2587975'] Did the source audio get the chop then? I have a manta which sounds pretty good. Got a filter twin as part of a trade recently and haven't even tried it out unbelievably, put it straight in the sale section. think I may need to give it another go before carelessly moving it on. [/quote]

No, I still have both the SA BEF and the Filter Twin. I like both a lot, and they're different enough to make it hard to choose... but at the same time I'd be happy with either, I am sure. I'd like to try the Manta, as it may just solve my issue with the size of the SA BEF and it seems to have a few extra functions, but I haven't found one to buy sh to try.

• 3 weeks later...