Why become a member? ×

1984 Tokai Jazz Sound fretless *SOLD!*
£400

chrkelly

I've seen another fretless that I've just got to have so this is up for sale. Standard early 60's spec, alder body, maple neck, factory lined & dotted rosewood board, single coils, reverse tuners. Sounds like it should be worth a lot more money! It's a very resonant instrument with very jaco sounding back pickup, looks the part too. Plenty of dings & pitting on the metalwork as is normal for a 30yr old bass.

£400 collected from London

SOLD!

Edited by chrkelly

No worries Zinnsky.

[quote name='MrT-Bass' timestamp='1406991779' post='2516509']
Mmmm...i've been thinking about a fretless recently. Where are you based? I'm in north-west London.
[/quote]

I'm down the other side in Catford SE6 (takes 15mins max on the train out of London Bridge). Could meet up in town if you want, though you wouldn't be able to try it out first.

[quote name='chrkelly' timestamp='1407057126' post='2516889']
No worries Zinnsky.

I'm down the other side in Catford SE6 (takes 15mins max on the train out of London Bridge). Could meet up in town if you want, though you wouldn't be able to try it out first.
[/quote]

Thanks man, pm'd

[quote name='CBR75' timestamp='1407058937' post='2516903']
Beautiful bass. A bargain at this price.

But it probably isn't a 1982 model as its Tokai indicates it is more likely a post 83-84 model.

Before 84

After 83-84 :

[/quote]

Cheers for that, you're right. Done a bit more research & it looks like it's from '84. Apparently they changed the headstock shape in '85. Wish all companies would just use a serial system that you could work out easily!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...