Why become a member? ×

Warwick nut replacement advice

Pinball

Hi, I need to do something about the Just-a-nut11 on my Warwick FNA5. It's suffering from a common problem as the end plate has fallen off and the last time I changes strings I was alarmed to see it flip up in air. Its currently held in place by the strings but I want confidence in the bass and want it stable.

The Tech who normally sorts out my problems says "throw it away and I'll fit a bone nut for you rather than a replacement". A good solution I think as i know that he will set it up right and that the result will be stable. Any reason why I should stick with the Just-a-nut system?

The JAN system is superb and I really wouldn't downgrade to a standard unadjustable nut; the bridge and nut setup is on of the Warwick plus points for sure.

Buy a Tedur(plastic, basically) Just-A-Nut III and have that fitted? If you have £60 odd spare, the brass Just a Nut III could be yours, too, as fitted to all German top-end Warwicks now :)

If you have to go non-Warwick, please don't put a white nut on!

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1406722159' post='2514053']
The JAN system is superb and I really wouldn't downgrade to a standard unadjustable nut; the bridge and nut setup is on of the Warwick plus points for sure.

Buy a Tedur(plastic, basically) Just-A-Nut III and have that fitted? If you have £60 odd spare, the brass Just a Nut III could be yours, too, as fitted to all German top-end Warwicks now :)

If you have to go non-Warwick, please don't put a white nut on!
[/quote]

On further reading it seems that the Just-a-nut111 is a much better design than the JA11 (that is a disaster). Thoman have a good deal on the Just-a-nuts at the moment. It's less that £50 for a brass one so I will go that route. Thanks

[url="http://shop.warwick.de/?&c=35352310036&lang=en&smk=1&nm=D0405358001321517424A43801|Warwick|D0525953001321517425A44262|D0216070001321517426A44513&modul=shop&site=shop_overview"]Warwick.de neck spares[/url] here is a link the Warwick direct shop. The Tedur (plastics one) are a fair bit cheaper. Very easy to fit.

Be careful to buy the right one. They come in the standard and broadneck sizes.

Edited by gingerfish

Thanks for this. I've just ordered a brass Just-a-Nut III direct from the Warwick shop (roughly the same price as Thoman) together with other various bits and bobs I needed.

The price of the two piece bridge is a bit eye-watering! That'll have to wait.