Why become a member? ×

Gone to Warrington!
£395

ash

This is a lovely example of a T-40, like Ash the only reason I didn't keep it was the weight. Really hope this goes to someone who has the physique to appreciate it!

Best of luck with the sale!

Jon

Dennis Dunaway jazz job? :ph34r:

T40, fantastic bass
Hope you don't mind Ash, interesting linky follows [url="http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CC4QtwIwAg&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DOOLvGYHemPo&ei=H4rYU7baF4PSPPnTgIAP&usg=AFQjCNE8ZFhXKmyDKAu7JpRSddjvKeKh6A"]The Secret Sounds Inside the Peavey T - 40 Bass - YouTube[/url]

GLWTS pal.

You guys. . . . . :D

There are a lot more heavier basses out there - some 70's Fenders are the same weight. :blink: :blink: :blink:

I assume from this post that Jon now has the twin that I was looking at?

Progtastic, mate! :lol:

Ash, had you not thought of keeping it for a while?

Cheers. :)

[quote name='FlatEric' timestamp='1406791237' post='2514676']
You guys. . . . . :D

There are a lot more heavier basses out there - some 70's Fenders are the same weight. :blink: :blink: :blink:

I assume from this post that Jon now has the twin that I was looking at?

Progtastic, mate! :lol:

Ash, had you not thought of keeping it for a while?

Cheers. :)
[/quote]

You are right about the weight I had a 70s Precision and also a Gibson Victory which were both around 13lbs!
Sadly I need to shift it on as I can't tolerate any weight above 9lbs standing for any length of time. My Rick 3001 is my heaviest bass but I use that for recording only so I don't need another 'sit down' bass and my Grabber tends to be my bass of choice weighing in at just over 8lbs.
It is a superb bass but I can't justify it not being played. Yes the twin went to Jon and it is indeed progtastic however another weighty bass hence the swap - much heavier than the T40 though! :)

Thanks for the link Karl this shows what potential sounds are on board this beast!

Edited by ash

[quote name='Bassassin' timestamp='1406753240' post='2514492']
This is a lovely example of a T-40, like Ash the only reason I didn't keep it was the weight. Really hope this goes to someone who has the physique to appreciate it!

Best of luck with the sale!

Jon
[/quote]

And to think you coveted my Gibson Victory - sounds like you would have struggled to get it out of my house, never mind play it ;)

If could find one just under 10lbs (so the same weight as my Fender 5)....I'd be happy :)

But this does look great, its a bit like the classic Stingrays, I really like all the other T-40 finishes, but there's something about the Natural ones.

Si

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1406802144' post='2514791']
If could find one just under 10lbs (so the same weight as my Fender 5)....I'd be happy :)

But this does look great, its a bit like the classic Stingrays, I really like all the other T-40 finishes, but there's something about the Natural ones.

Si
[/quote]

I reckon the bridge weighs about 1lb alone, you could always put a Fender string through on it ;)

[quote name='ash' timestamp='1406794992' post='2514707'] Yes the twin went to Jon and it is indeed progtastic however another weighty bass hence the swap - much heavier than the T40 though! :)
[/quote]

The twin neck is actually so heavy it generates its own gravity well, and is in danger of collapsing into itself & creating a black hole. This should be a great live gimmick if I can tolerate wearing it for the duration of an entire song. 17lbs, fact fans! :o

Meanwhile, buy Ash's T-40, it's a blinder!

J.

[quote name='Bassassin' timestamp='1406803910' post='2514819']
The twin neck is actually so heavy it generates its own gravity well, and is in danger of collapsing into itself & creating a black hole. This should be a great live gimmick if I can tolerate wearing it for the duration of an entire song. 17lbs, fact fans! :o

Meanwhile, buy Ash's T-40, it's a blinder!

J.
[/quote]

Jon, Steve Harris used to have his acoustic bass on a stand that presented it at the same height as on a strap.
A nice stage touch but obviously not as impressive as Edinburgh vanishing into a black hole.
Edit, young me with plectrum, verily the work of Beelzebub,
Bump
[URL=http://s1354.photobucket.com/user/Karl_Altdorfer/media/img109_zps81f40e15.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/q693/Karl_Altdorfer/img109_zps81f40e15.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Edited by karlfer

[quote name='bagsieblue' timestamp='1406811152' post='2514911']
Karl,
Is that you or Anthony Keidis?

[/quote]

Must be me as I have no idea who Anthony Keidis is :blush:
[size=5]BUY ASH's bass you lot :D[size=5] [/size][/size]

[quote name='lloyd' timestamp='1406824373' post='2515081']
I really really love this bass and being a big fat bloater the weight isn't a problem, any comparisons on the sound?
[/quote]
Well as I said very versatile from smooth jazz tones to more clanky Ricky sounds and everything between. Great variation for a passive. Cheers

Edited by ash

[quote name='mr pablo' timestamp='1406919069' post='2515953']
Gah i would love this and i have the build fir it as well , sadly the wife just booked and paid for a holiday so i cant afford it have a free bump though
[/quote] Oh no a Wife like that aint a keeper get rid of her and buy the bass lol :ph34r: