Why become a member? ×

Ditto looper users

MoonBassAlpha

Hi all. I'm looking to solicit opinion from Ditto users as to whether it is something you have kept on using, or an interesting novelty that gets put aside once the, err, novelty, has worn off. I know people would all have different uses for it, just trying to get a cross section of opinion.

Cheers
Jules

I had the Akai Headrush which was limited (slightly) by the limited loop time and though it wasn't complicated to use the replacement Ditto that I got is more my thing. Mine is intended as a live tool with an 'unplugged' acoustic band, with me looping some percussion played on the acoustic bass, with everyone playing at a consistent volume it is great... but if band members can't monitor/hear it then there is potential for time slippage. The other use is a practice tool; lay down a line then improvise over it OR as a creative tool for generating new ideas.

;)

It depends on what you want to use a looper for. I've only used one a few times on gigs, but I think they are an
important practice tool. It's great to be able to loop a series of changes or a bassline and play ideas over the top.It
can also lead to some compositional ideas.
Just out of interest, I don't use the TC Ditto.I've had a Boss RC20xl for years and I bought a Digitech JamMan Express XT last year which is similar to the Ditto but I preferred it.

I used one to compose some tunes a while back when I first returned to bass playing, it was good fun building up layers.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIuF7lVnK2o[/media]

I don't have it on my board live though, I found it didn't really work in a band situation as the other guys didn't seem to understand that the loops must dictate the tempo of the whole song...

I think the boss one (rc-3 or something?) has a way of adjusting the tempo of the recorded loops. I think you'd need that function for it to be of any use with a full band.

Good little pedal though :)

Edited by CamdenRob

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would get a ditto 2 in a heatbeat if i could midi-sync it up to my RC50. its a shame it cant do even simple temposync. I would like to be able to have a short loop (just 1 riff) going, and then feed that loop through my board, and then catch it again after in a longer loop (i usualy run my rc50 as 2 or 4 riffs), im thinking of fitting a few pedals together i have laying about to be a vocal board, and would love a small looper for that as well. I would probably end up geting either another RC50 or a ehx looper, but they both have such large footprints (especialy when i am already using one RC50).