Why become a member? ×

Anyone tried Acoustic-Image-Ten2-S4-Plus

dove

Hi
Looking for a new amp specifically forDB.Currently using PJB suitcase.
Has anyone tried the 2 channel acoustic image ten2 for double bass.
They seem thin on the ground in the uk but I have seem them offered shipped from the usa.Not
sure if this is a wise route?

any advice welcome

I've got one.

It's excellent for DB, no need for a pre amp whether using a mic or piezo, all the bells & whistles to eliminate boom & feedback.

It's also good for EUB and bass guitar + any instrument where you want a true sound.

I've done gigs where the extra channel has been used for piano, guitar and p.a. (sax & vocals)

Have a word with Laurence at Overwater (on here as bassadder)

If you're anywhere near Harrogate you're welcome to try mine.
[attachment=168225:IMG_0710.jpg]

Edited by Mr Bassman

Thanks for that.Do you use the second channel to blend two pickups or p/u mic? I like
to be able to do this but have found dedicated preamps achieve better results than a
2 channel amp,although I would expect the AI to deal with blending well.

thanks again

I've tried blending and the Clarus (Ten 2 head) works well but I'm all for keeping things simple & minimal, I don't often have the luxury of sound checks so I have to predict what bass / amp will suit the gig.
I've tried different mics but for most of my gigs I'm happy with a piezo.
I've also tried many different amps/speakers/combos but the Ten2 is my favourite reference combo for experimenting with new pickups etc. I don't tweak the eq much, usually just plug straight in and use the low cut filter or the room coupler on the cab to suit the room.

Also have a word with Clarky, he has both the briefcase and Ten2 for comparison.

Edited by Mr Bassman

I also keep things simple live,my old underwood is always a safe bet,but I do a fair bit of live recording
where the conditions are a little more stable.I record three separate feeds,underwood,realist,and a bridge
mounted akg condenser that came with my fishman bass blender.Are there separate id's for both channels?

thanks for the other leads

I've just noticed your original topic was referring to the Ten2 S4 Plus, mine is the S4 not the plus

On mine there is an effects loop on each channel which you can use each send as a line out. Also the returns can be used for inputs from other instruments / preamps each with a level control. A.f.a.i.k. the plus has done away with the effects loop but has two independently buffered inputs per channel.
There's only one D.I. on both versions.