Why become a member? ×

Greetings From Bonnie Scotland

Nomad

Hi Folks.

Just a quick hello and introduction...

I started playing guitar nearly 40 years ago and took a break for about 4 years until recently, when my interest was rekindled. I'm into home recording (predominantly composing using MIDI) and generally messing about for my own enjoyment. I've dabbled with bass on and off over that period, but never actually owned one until today. I got a Yamaha TRB5IIF fretless, partly because I'm curious about fretless bass, and partly because I want to try the sound/feel for my home recording stuff.

So, I have experienced guitarist's fingers, but I'm a relative bass noob. I expect I'll have some noob questions to post presently...

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Nomad,
I live just outside Glasgow and have never used Forums etc before but again picked this one due to good attitudes, knowledge and advice.
I've played bass for 20 years but I haven't really got a great tech knowledge so the guys on here are a great help. I may also try buying/selling on here too.

Cheers mate!