Why become a member? ×

how long before I can fine sand and buff the nitro I just laid down on my headstock

hollywoodrox

I I have been building up the coats of nitro on my new neck after applying a decal, I have been building them up, then sanding down, I am nearing the time now for the fina; fine sand and buff with T cut, how long should I wait after my last coats I thought a couple of days would be ok but I have seen people on forums leave them for 3 or 4 weeks? is this just for bodies? I am using North west guitars nitrocellulose clear spray gloss in a can.

I must say it came up pretty glossy in the decal area when I was sanding down between coats. Thanks

Thanks brensabre, thats great, just what I needed, I can give it a last few coats, then I have my parents arrive tuesday for a holiday, so I can leave it for a while and carry on with other stuff, have got to finish chiselling out an extra bit of control cavity in the body, I have already routed it for a mudbucker neck pickup. My main dread is cutting out my tort pick guard as it has to hide all my cack handed woodwork. Thanks again have a great weekend, I, m off to see "the rolling clones" tonight