Why become a member? ×

Good pedal to add a 4th, 5th or octave up?

1976fenderhead

[quote name='Toasted' post='25757' date='Jul 1 2007, 09:27 PM']It has to be the whammy, surely?[/quote]

hmm I wouldn't really need the "whammy" bit, or the expression pedal, I'd be interested in a pedal with a normal small size with just the "harmony" features, so the Whammy would be too much money and space wasted... The Boss Pitchshifter might be what I'm thinking about, but I once tried the Octaver and it tracked terribly between low E and low A so I don't think the Pitchshifter would be much better?

The whammy is probably the only pedal that can do what you ask with decent tracking. [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=1267&st=0"]I've got one[/url] in the For Sale forum. Let me know if you want it.

certainly the unibass id say, if you dont need the whammy treadle

they are still selling for £79.99 at some shop i think, buy it now before they run out and the prices soar in the same stupid way the deep impact's did

They are out of stock, they just haven't updated their site (or so they told me on the phone). I ordered one over a month ago. Two weeks later, nothing had showed up, I sent an email. No reply. One week after that, another email, still no reply. Yesterday I finally called (I don't like to pay international calls if I don't have to) and they told me they are out of stock, that I should send another email and I would have an answer in 24 hours. Of course, a reply hasn't come yet... but there is hope.
I'm just pissed off because I made the order in time (I guess, unless they haven't updated their site for THAT long), I paid instantly, nothing came and there were no replies to my emails... I guess I can only hope for a refund now.

[quote name='Muppet' post='26529' date='Jul 3 2007, 02:38 PM']Adding a 5th or octave with the Unibass is pretty poor unless you have the distortion turned up too. I don't rate the clean sound at all.[/quote]

i cant think of a single pitch shifter than can do better as far as clean sound, and i own a WH-1 and a boss ps-3, and have previously used/owned several others