Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN - M-Audio Transit USB audio interface for PC and Mac boxed
£35

Having performed a home studio upgrade, I now have surplus to requirements this M-Audio USB interface. It comes boxed with its USB lead, and the following four CDs (which may or not work these days!):

- Original driver disk
- Ableton Live 6 with unused product key (sampling is not my thing!)
- Pro Tools demo version
- Pro Session demo version

The performance of the interface has been rock solid during the time I have owned it, used under both Windows XP and Mac OS 10.6 Snow Leopard.

Drivers for Windows XP to Windows 7, and Mac OS 9.x to 10.7.2, are available [url="http://m-audio.com/index.php?do=support&tab=driver"]here[/url]. I have also had it running fine as an audio output device under Mac OS 10.9 Mavericks - I haven't tried it as an input device with that OS.

Here's the spec, courtesy of M-Audio:

[u]Product and Operational Features[/u]:
Single USB 1.1 connection for input and output
S/PDIF 1/8" mini Optical In or 1/8" mini Analog Mic/Line In
S/PDIF optical out and 1/8" mini Analog Line Out
Sleek, slim plastic case with blue power LED.
Completely USB powered (no power supply needed)

[u]Technical Features[/u]:
Supports the following sampling frequencies (in Hz): 8000, 9600, 11025, 12000, 16000, 22050, 24000, 32000, 44100, 48000, 88200*, 96000
Supports 16 & 24-bit Linear PCM I/O, 16-bit AC-3 and 16-bit DTS output over S/PDIF TOSLink
Supports the following audio protocols:ASIO,WDM, MME, SoundManager, CoreAudio
Unique hybrid optical/analog input jack automatically detects whether input is analog or optical digital
1/8" mic input provides power for electret condenser mics
Software-controlled input and output levels, using standard Windows or MacOS volume controls
[*Transit USB does not support analog recording at 88200 Hz.]

[u]Audio Performance Specifications[/u]:
Input: Dynamic Range 100 dB (typical –60 dB input,A-weighted);
Signal-to-Noise Ratio 100 dB (typical,A-weighted); THD+N –90 dB = 0.00316% (typical)
Output: Dynamic Range 104 dB (typical –60 dB input, A-weighted);
Signal-to-Noise Ratio 104 dB (typical,A-weighted); THD+N –94 dB = 0.00316% (typical)

The full manual is available [url="http://www.m-audio.com/images/global/manuals/Transit-USB_Manual2.PDF"]here[/url].

I am looking for [b][s]£35[/s] [color=#0000CD][s]£25 [size=4]£20[/size][/s][/color] [color=#008000][size=6]£15[/size][/color] delivered[/b] within the UK.

Edited by JapanAxe

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1408537934' post='2531148']
Is this what I would need to record bass straight to my PC? I did have a google but I am still clueless lol
[/quote]
No, the analog input is low impedance stereo via a mini-jack plug. You would need to connect it to the line out of your amp, or an output of a multi-fx unit. You [i]might[/i] get away with plugging an active bass straight into it using a suitable lead, but you would probably be better off putting it through a compressor first - even a compressor pedal would be better than nothing!

• 2 years later...