Why become a member? ×

Good Parallel Effects loops

AL-the-Bassman

Not quite sure what you are asking there, Al.

On an amp, you may have either serial or parallel loops, or both, or one with a mix control that effectively sweeps between the two extremes.

If you mean a pedalboard gadget for mixing effected sound in with your clean signal, then you are looking at things like the Boss Line Selector or the GigRig Wet Box.

[quote name='thisnameistaken' timestamp='1407792846' post='2524141']
Look at the SFX Loop Logic. I've got one, not cheap but it's a nice design. One stomp per channel so you can switch them individually, and top quality buffered bypass so it doubles as a great line driver.
[/quote]

Yep, this is a great pedal, but I still use my LS-2 too. I don't see why it would "kill tone"

If you want a boutique made one, id look up [url="https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCAQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.brightonion.co.uk%2F&ei=IIHqU43EDujY7AaH_4DACw&usg=AFQjCNFxorXX_uoXxBmnpnPbn-y_rmAMOw&bvm=bv.72938740,d.ZWU"]bright onion[/url]. He'll build you one that will suit what you need it for.

[quote name='cheddatom' timestamp='1407845668' post='2524541']Yep, this is a great pedal, but I still use my LS-2 too. I don't see why it would "kill tone"[/quote]

I definitely noticed a loss of treble content when using an LS-2 as a line driver (with it in bypass mode). My board used to be based on an LS-2 with the only pedal that was always in my signal chain being the LS-2. The difference between going through that and going straight to the amp was really obvious. I replaced it with the Loop Logic and the difference is barely noticeable.

I should add though I didn't ask Max to design the Loop Logic purely because of the LS-2's buffer quality. It was more because I wanted two stomp switches to control the two channels. I need to be able to switch each channel on and off independently and despite the LS-2's wealth of switching options that just isn't possible without two switches. And it's lovely that he built it in a Boss-sized box with the switches close enough together to stomp both of them at once. I really love that pedal and it's still the key unit on my board.

I do still rate the LS-2 as a budget 2-channel mixer though. :)

Edited by thisnameistaken

[quote name='GarethFlatlands' timestamp='1407878113' post='2525059']
Stock answer from me for anything these days;

Ask Tom from COG to make one for you!
[/quote]

+1

A few of us on here have parallel loops with phase inversion. Also i get solid snake on it.

[quote name='thisnameistaken' timestamp='1407880566' post='2525103']
I definitely noticed a loss of treble content when using an LS-2 as a line driver (with it in bypass mode). My board used to be based on an LS-2 with the only pedal that was always in my signal chain being the LS-2. The difference between going through that and going straight to the amp was really obvious. I replaced it with the Loop Logic and the difference is barely noticeable.

I should add though I didn't ask Max to design the Loop Logic purely because of the LS-2's buffer quality. It was more because I wanted two stomp switches to control the two channels. I need to be able to switch each channel on and off independently and despite the LS-2's wealth of switching options that just isn't possible without two switches. And it's lovely that he built it in a Boss-sized box with the switches close enough together to stomp both of them at once. I really love that pedal and it's still the key unit on my board.

I do still rate the LS-2 as a budget 2-channel mixer though. :)
[/quote]

Interesting! I play with loads of top end so should be able to notice but I've never done the experiment. I do have both pedals so may try it out at some point