Why become a member? ×

South East Bass Bash No.8, Surrey, Saturday 1st November 2014

silverfoxnik

Hi Folks,

It's rapidly approaching that time of year again when we'd like you to dust off your shiny new (& old) basses, your ever smaller, lighter, louder amps & cabs plus all your weird / geeky bass FX, and bring them all down to the..

[b]South East Bass Bash No.8[/b]

Last year's SE Bash was a really fantastic day, with some fabulous guest speakers and about 80 Basschatters attending, so It goes without saying that we'd like to see if we can better that this year!! So, please do sign up, come along on the day with all your gear, make a lot of noise, meet some fellow Basschatters and have a brilliant time helping us to raise a few [b]£££s[/b] for good causes!

So, for your delectation and enjoyment, here are the details you need to know:

Date: [b]Saturday 1st November 2014[/b]
Time: [b]10am - 5pm[/b]
Venue: [b]Jubilee High School, Surrey, School Lane, Addlestone, Surrey KT15 1TE[/b]
Venue link: [url="http://www.jubileehigh.surrey.sch.uk/"][color=#0f72da]Jubilee High School Website[/color][/url]
[url="http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=504208&y=164434&z=0&sv=KT15+1TE&st=2&pc=KT15+1TE&mapp=map.srf&searchp=ids.srf"][color=#0f72da]MAP LINK[/color][/url]

[b]Format:[/b] We may make a few changes to this after last year, but it will be something along these lines....

1 x general area to set up your gear, plus 1 x quiet room/workshop area with workshops through the day, plus Jamming room, plus cafeteria, plus Raffle

[b]Spaces:[/b] again, we may make a few changes to this, but something along these lines:

The Quiet Room and the Theatre for Workshops
The Jamming Room for jamming with drummers (and other strange non-bass playing people)
Main Hall (where you can set up your gear)

[b]Cost:[/b] [b]£10[/b]
Last year, it cost about £185 for the hire of the venue plus an amount for some public liability insurance cover therefore to cover those basic costs, we need to charge £10 per head entrance fee to one and all!

[b]Charities:[/b] [u]We will donate all profits[/u] from the day to a worthy cause or two (details to be confirmed):

[b]Refreshments[/b] will be available on the day for a small charge of course which will help increase the profits and keep everyone happy! Last year, as ever, Hamster & Mrs Hamster did all the work on that and have offered to do so again, so many thanks in advance to them!

[b]Workshops[/b]
These talks and workshops really add so much to the day, so we are looking for offers from people to run workshops...so any ideas/requests are welcomed.

[b]Please Help[/b]
What would be really helpful from everyone who's interested in participating on the day is:

1. Donations of raffle prizes
2. Ideas/requests for the workshops
3. Volunteers to help out on the day (if needs be)

It's always good to know who's coming and what gear they'll be bringing so to get the ball rolling here's a list of the people we know who are coming:

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]1. Hamster -
2. Silverfoxnik - BC Rich Eagle, Schecter Diamond P5, Levinson Blade B15, amp & cab tbc
12. [/font][/color]

It'd be great to have loads of people there on the day but the bottom line is that, to make this event pay for itself and to be able to donate something to charity, [b]we need a minimum of 30 people[/b]...

So, come on folks; sign up!!

Thanks and we look forward to seeing you there

silverfoxnik / Hamster / obbm / Happy Jack / bluejay

Will tweet this new thread as well, in due course.

[quote]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]1. Hamster -
2. Silverfoxnik - BC Rich Eagle, Schecter Diamond P5, Levinson Blade B15, amp & cab tbc
3. Bluejay - with no fewer than two cameras, and possibly her so far pretty successful - despite being lefty - Warwick Corvette 5 Pro
12. [/font][/color]
[/quote]

Edit: last year's event as described in my photoblog, for those who are curious about what it's like: [url="http://wp.me/p2ZbyY-94"]http://wp.me/p2ZbyY-94[/url]

Edited by bluejay

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]1. Hamster -
3. Bluejay - with no fewer than two cameras, and possibly her so far pretty successful - despite being lefty - Warwick Corvette 5 Pro
4. Happy Jack - who knows what I will bring this year?
12. [/size][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]13.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]14.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]15.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]16.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]17.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]18.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]19.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]20.[/size][/font][/color]

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1407833089' post='2524350']
4. Happy Jack - who knows what I will bring this year?[/size][/font][/color]
[/quote]

5. chris_b[/size][/font][/color]

One of the best days out of year...count me in..

5.Chris B
6.TheGreek
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]13.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]14.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]15.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]16.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]17.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]18.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]19.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]20.[/size][/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] [/font][/color]

5.Chris B
6.TheGreek
7. iD Entity - Zon 5, Wal 4, Amp of some kind, a couple fun pedals
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]20.[/size][/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] [/font][/color]

Updated list:

1. Hamster -
5.Chris B
6.TheGreek
8. Bassace: Double Bass and a small amp

Edited by silverfoxnik

Updated list:

1. Hamster -
5.Chris B
6.TheGreek
9. Walman - some bits to be decided

Count me in but what I bring will depend on whether my kit from NZ arrives in time. If it doesn't then I'll be bringing some short scale six string piccolo basses and probably spending my time in the jamming room.

Great venue BTW. It might be worth setting up a middle row (and power points) in the room as I recall space around the sides was a little tight last time.

1. Hamster -
5.Chris B
6.TheGreek
10. Kiwi

1. Hamster -
5.Chris B
6.TheGreek
10. Kiwi
11. Sibob - Whatever I'm using for my gig that night

1. Hamster -
5.Chris B
6.TheGreek
10. Kiwi
12. obbm - Sadowskys, Mesa Prodigy, Berg CN212, Mesa Bottle Rocket and some cables ;)

Edited by obbm

[quote name='silverfoxnik' timestamp='1408208838' post='2528118']
Good suggestion about the Jam Room, Steve.. We'll have to do something about that.
[/quote]
I was thinking it might be worth doing in the Main Hall, Nik. :)

1. Hamster -
5.Chris B
6.TheGreek
10. Kiwi
12. obbm - Sadowskys, Mesa Prodigy, Berg CN212, Mesa Bottle Rocket and some cables
13. StephenY - Alpher Bass #004 and EBS TD650

I'll be there this year. Combining it with a visit to Father as usual, so won't be bringing a lot of gear. Just me trusty Fender P so that I can have a bit of a jam. Looking forward to catching up with you guys, and maybe meeting some new faces :)

1. Hamster -
5.Chris B
6.TheGreek
10. Kiwi
12. obbm - Sadowskys, Mesa Prodigy, Berg CN212, Mesa Bottle Rocket and some cables
14.seashell - MIM Fender Precision

Oooooh I'm in! Finally able to get to this one - been MIA for the last three :-(

1. Hamster -
5.Chris B
6.TheGreek
10. Kiwi
15.Bottle - mixed bag of goodies, Ibanez, Squier and a bunch of cabs, amps n pedals

Edited by Bottle

1. Hamster -
5.Chris B
6.TheGreek
10. Kiwi
15.Bottle - mixed bag of goodies, Ibanez, Squier and a bunch of cabs, amps n pedals
16.Macdaddy - possibly Paul the drummer. Will confirm at tonight's gig.