Why become a member? ×

Hi all, new member here.

Danny.P.

Hi all,

I'm a pro guitarist that plays a bit of bass who has recently been asked to play bass full time in a band, so I'm getting more and more into bass technique and gear.

The reason I found this forum is that I want to get a tort pickguard cut for a Vintage V4 and Google seems to think that anyone whoever got hold of one had it done by someone called The Bass Doc on here!

So excuse me while I figure out how to PM The Bass Doc!

Danny

Good afternoon, Danny, and ...

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:167528]

Plenty to see here; enjoy...

The Bass Doc is indeed somewhat revered here, and rightly so, but is, I understand, a bit 'under the weather' for the moment, and won't be able to offer you his usual speedy services. Have a search around and I'm sure you'll find an alternative source, though.

Hi Danny, welcome to the forum. If you want to be really controversial and cutting-edge from the off, order a pickguard from Spitfire Guards of California.

[url="http://spitfiretortoiseshellpickguards.wordpress.com/2014/01/30/the-best-in-vintage-tortoiseshell-pickguards/"]http://spitfiretortoiseshellpickguards.wordpress.com/2014/01/30/the-best-in-vintage-tortoiseshell-pickguards/[/url]

Have fun! :)

Thanks for the welcome.

Reading back my original post, "pro guitarist" sounds a bit grand for what I do, really!

I play in a tribute band and do other guitar related bits and bobs. Nile Rodgers, I ain't.

If The Bass Doc does reappear, I'm serious about getting a pickguard done!

• 3 weeks later...