Why become a member? ×

Double Bass Bash Sun 5 Oct 11.00-5.00 - Risley Park Hotel, Derby Road, Risley DE72 3SS

bassace

A wall of PJB bassy goodness. It was a lot of good.

[URL=http://s8.photobucket.com/user/peredur/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20141005_115515_zpsyqnyhfkl.jpg.html][IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a49/peredur/Mobile%20Uploads/20141005_115515_zpsyqnyhfkl.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Roger warming up before everyone arrived.

[URL=http://s8.photobucket.com/user/peredur/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20141005_112442_zpsulptmzec.jpg.html][IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a49/peredur/Mobile%20Uploads/20141005_112442_zpsulptmzec.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

I usually love to take credit for things I did not do, but in this case I cannot. All I did was make a suggestion. Roger actually did all the spade work and made it happen. If it was left up to me we would still be discussing venues. All thanks should henceforth by directed at Roger.

I hugely enjoyed the Fearless as well as the Crazy 8 and anything PJB I plugged into. And trying Guts. And the GB into my cabs. I enjoyed it all really. The vibe was good. I did not enjoy not being able to slap but am grateful for the attempts to teach me.

I didn't explore the eubs enough, tried Sarah's meccano one and Keith's Yamaha, I want both now naturally :) But then there is those Kay basses! And I liked the very old basses, and the newer basses, and all the blonde basses caught my eye, and maybe a five string with out without a leopard skin cover. Basically I want it all.

Keith, Mr Bassman, brought no less than five basses down from Harrogate: one 3/4, one 1/2, two EUBs and a small 3/4 with an E growler to die for. And it had hatpegs. Of all the wonderful basses at the bash that's the one I'd like to have.

Thanks to all the great people for coming and making the day such a success.

Edited by bassace

[quote name='zero9' timestamp='1412600967' post='2570230']
Thought I'd share this one for others to add a caption...
[/quote]

So, let me get this right...

The neck is connected to the headbone,
The upper bout's connected to the hipbone,
The endpin's connected to the toebone...

... the sound of the bass is the lore!

Many many thanks for a fantastic day. It was great to put faces and basses to names. I definitely now want an Acoustic Image amp. It was glorious to try out so many basses and amps and rock the room like a crazy thing. Even better for me was that I came away liking my bass the best, so that's handy. All sorts of tips picked up and best of all, so many wonderful, friendly people. Kinda makes you even prouder than usual to play the double bass!

[quote name='sarah thomas' timestamp='1412614644' post='2570419']
... and rock the room like a crazy thing. [/quote]

Yes.... The riff to Peaches by the Stranglers was somewhat unexpected coming from a lady with a 100 year old bass with attached quiver.

Edited by invicta59

Thanks to all for a great day on Sunday, cannot believe how much I learnt in a few hours. Thanks to Rodger and Owen for sorting it all out an a big thanks to Keith and Nurse Sarah for moving my sound post. Loved trying out all the different stuff. Thanks for the LF badge Owen.