Why become a member? ×

Hohner B2a Headless Bass Circa 1985 SOLD
£375

Thunderbird

[size=4]Hi all I am selling my awesome Hohner B2a this is one of the original ones I think it is a MK2 as it does not use the EMG selects (which is a good ) NOW £350 DELIVERED[/size]

I dont really want to sell but needs must this bass as what you could describe as a nut and bolt rebuild when I first got it wasnt too great but I have spent a lot of time and money getting it to this standard it is a classic iconic bass for sensible money and I can honestly say there are not really all that many in this condition kicking about any more.

The bass has been stripped down all electrics cleaned and tested (still has all the original electrics) and the LED even works it can be used in active or passive modes just flick the switch.

The Steinberger licensed bridge has also been stripped down cleaned up oiled and everything on it works smoothly as it did when it left the factory. Even the D tuner is spot on :)

Truss rod is fully functional the bass has just been set up and a fresh set of genuine Stienberger double ball strings have been put on I will also include another brand new set with the bass.

The only non original parts on this bass are the pick up mounting rings as the originals had deteriorated beyond repair. Frets are in fantastic condition and look almost new :) and the bass has the original Stienberger leg rest

I was going to get the bass resprayed as there are a few belt type marks on the back they are really faint as you can only see them in a certain light but I was advised not to get it sprayed as it did not really need it and it would also devalue the bass.

The neck is lovely and clean no wear marks body is lovely and clean no chunks missing and no other marks or damage (except those on the back that are mentioned above)

I cant think of anything else to mention I did have a fellow basschatter look at the bass when visiting me and he said it was an absolute gem :) I honestly think you would struggle to get a 30 year old classic bass in this condition for so little money it is not 100% perfect but it still is fantastic for a 30ish year old bass £340 reduced 325

I will include a tatty yet fully functional hardcase in the sale any questions ask away free post or you can come and pick it up No trades please

Edited by Thunderbird

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='tom1946' timestamp='1408964930' post='2534930']
For those with bad backs this has got be a good idea, I really like it GLWTS.
[/quote] Thanks Tom I would love to keep this one as a lot of love and money has gone in to it and it is bloody fantastic but everything must go (:

Have a bump for a lovely B2A. I have one of these, it doesn't get a lot of playing time these days but it's a great little bass.

The folding knee rest has broken on mine, and I just could not find a replacement the last time I looked. This has prompted me to have another try!

Good luck with the sale.

[quote name='Alex B' timestamp='1409217268' post='2537523']
Have a bump for a lovely B2A. I have one of these, it doesn't get a lot of playing time these days but it's a great little bass.

The folding knee rest has broken on mine, and I just could not find a replacement the last time I looked. This has prompted me to have another try!

Good luck with the sale.
[/quote] Thanks Alex :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...