Why become a member? ×

Yamaha Magicstomp, help needed.

Maude

Hello,

I've just picked up a Magicstomp with everything but the installation CD in the box. Before I bought it I had a look around online and the various drivers and sound patches seemed to be readily available but I can't get anything to work.

I am a computer numpty so it probably is all very easy once you know how.

I've found what seems a good site where all the stuff I need is listed but my computer won't run the files and if I try to download software to fix the 'register?' problems then my anti virus wants to kill me. The site also has what it claims to be the original Yamaha disc which it says to download, then burn to disc and then load up to run the drivers but I've just discovered that my burner has ceased to exist, according to my computer.

Has anyone got an idiots guide to locating and setting up the drivers and stuff so that I can edit the pedal on my computer and install different patches?

The preset patches are very nice for factory presets, the chorus and flangers are particularly watery and lush sounding. I want to use it with my Bass VI but am now stumped as editing on the pedal is quite finicky.

I am running Windows 7 BTW

Anyone on here own one that could guide me please :) .