Why become a member? ×

Purple chilli cab and mb blackline 250!!!

kevvo66

Hiya people ,using mb blackline 250 head with my purple chilli cab 300 watt .any idea how to get the best sound from this set up ,with my new band I play mainly 60s and 70s style rock any ideas much appreciated ,if the mb ain't cutting it ,it have to go and a new head come into the mix !!! Cheers me dears

Before the BDI21 arrives - cos I`d still recommend getting it - set all eq flat. Once the band starts up, if you need any more presence/lows add in low-mids rather than actual lows. Will probably be a bit nasally on its own, but in the mix it should really bulk out nicely. I`d also turn the VLE & VPF fully anti-clockwise (off). Soloed you can get great sounds with these, but mix-wise, especially for rock, they can get rid of all that you need to be heard.

Yup, I'd second that advice - I use a Markbass F1 live (mostly for the 1U rackmount size), and I have it set flat (VFP and VLE off fully anticlockwise) and use the EQ on the bass and the seperate preamp - mine's an iPod with Jamup modelling software, but the principle's the same - to tweak the sound when the band's playing.