Why become a member? ×

South Wales, Cardiff Bass Bash Saturday October 25. 2014

gelfin

Hi all

[size=5][b]Just a reminder that the Cardiff, South Wales Bash is next Saturday.[/b][/size]
[size=5][b]Look forward to seeing you all there.[/b][/size]

Started a new topic for this.
I have provisionally booked the venue for the next Cardiff, South Wales bass bash.
Same as last time.

Park End Church Hall

[url="https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=parkend+church+cardiff&rlz=1C1_____en-gbGB479GB479&aq=1&oq=parkend+ch&aqs=chrome.2.57j0l3j60.11202&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8"]https://www.google.c...chrome&ie=UTF-8[/url]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Plenty of parking space in it's own car park and easy access for loading kit in and out.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]As before the venue is free, so is tea and coffee. (on a help yourself basis)[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Time wise I suggest starting around 2pm and going on to around 6pm.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Venue rules are No smoking in the premises and NO alcohol.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Although all is free I feel it would be nice to have a donations box, the contents going to the Church for tea coffee etc.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]For those that missed it last time.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]There are two rooms to use. A large hall where most congregate and a smaller room which is for more quieter kit!!![/font][/color]
Also my practice room is in the basement and there are other rooms if needed.

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Pass the word around and let's make it better than before.[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] [/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]So let us know who's coming and what kit you're bringing.[/font][/color]

Edited by gelfin

Hi all, and thanks for organising this again Gelfin
The last one was fab - but it would be nice to have more BC'ers there

It's in my diary - so I hope nothing gets in the way in the meantime
Not sure what kit I'll bring
but it will probably include a double bass (again) or an EUB,
maybe my electro-acoustic, and my MM Stingray (if I still have it.... lol)

Marc

• 3 weeks later...

Brilliant, I haven't been to one before! :)
I can bring my double bass if needed - a nice old Meinal plywood thing set up for rockabilly - good fun.

Got a Squier VM Precision 5 string which has had a Fender/Bareknuckle pickup upgrade. It's probably my favourite bass that I've owned and it's the cheapest!

I can bring my Zoom B3 too.

Looking forward to it! :)

Might pop over from Bristol for this. If I do, I'll post any details about whether I can give someone a lift. I'll know closer to the time though.

I'll likely bring my SB320, my Overwater Classic J and my MarkBass CMD 121P - a new Indonesian made one that I did the tweeter upgrade to. Might be some interest in that.

[quote name='Mornats' timestamp='1410016150' post='2545438']
Might pop over from Bristol for this. If I do, I'll post any details about whether I can give someone a lift. I'll know closer to the time though.
[/quote]

Me too if I can get a lift from Paul. I'll bring err stuff of some sort. A couple of basses probably

[quote name='miles'tone' timestamp='1410015187' post='2545427']
Brilliant, I haven't been to one before! :)
I can bring my double bass if needed - a nice old Meinal plywood thing set up for rockabilly - good fun.

Got a Squier VM Precision 5 string which has had a Fender/Bareknuckle pickup upgrade. It's probably my favourite bass that I've owned and it's the cheapest!

I can bring my Zoom B3 too.

Looking forward to it! :)
[/quote]

Great miles'tone - I was the only one who brought a DB last time
So would be nice to meet other local DB players

Hmmm, can't decide what to bring this time though
Perhaps my nice New TC Electronics BG250-208 ?
My lovely new Squier CV 60's P bass?

I'll probably see what's best on the day...

Oh, and if it hasn't sold by then, I could bring my lovely Boosey & Hawkes DB
.... if anyone wants to try it....

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be coming without equipment as I have my niece and nephew overnight on Friday, so I won't fit them, their stuff and any bass stuff for the journey back to Cardiff on Saturday.

For those that don't know me, I'll be the frazzled and dazed one in the corner after 24hrs with a 19 month old and a four year old!

For those that do know me, I'll be looking more frazzled and dazed than usual after my Auntie duties :lol:

Edited by SpaceChick

• 3 weeks later...

Great to see you all on Saturday
Nice to play that rick again Gelfin - it really is the best I've played
Glad I had a quick try of that purple heavy relic limelight P bass too

Never mind Debs - you'll have to make up for it next time, by bringing lots of gear ;)

• 2 months later...