Why become a member? ×

Most like the GB shuttle?

Skinnyman

The Genz Benz shuttle 9.2 was on the list as my next head. I know I could keep my eyes open for a used one but I keep missing them on here. So I'm wondering what's a good alternative now that GB are no more?

I'm after something that has the same kind of sound and flexibility of the GB, about that kind of output, same kind of size and weight and price.....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171416718410

I was watching this out of curiosity, starting bid of £300. It ended with no bids, may be worth sending the seller a message to see if they still have it and If so what sort of price they're looking for.

[quote name='ern500evo' timestamp='1408382934' post='2529655']
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171416718410

I was watching this out of curiosity, starting bid of £300. It ended with no bids, may be worth sending the seller a message to see if they still have it and If so what sort of price they're looking for.
[/quote]

I've dropped him a note but it's shown as ended because it was lost or broken. So I'm guessing it was sold off of eBay.

Worth checking out though so, thanks!

[quote name='tonyclaret' timestamp='1408427200' post='2529971']
What about the 6.2? I have one for sale on here
:-)
[/quote]
They're brilliant - I know, I have one :-)

But I decided that sometime I would upgrade to the "full fat" version of the 9.2. Not that the 6.2 is underpowered - but there are times when I need to run it a wee bit harder than I'd like.

So it probably sounds weird but when I started this thread I wasn't looking to change. But with GB going down the wotsname, I wanted to know if there are good, viable alternatives in the same price/quality bracket. As in, would a MarkBass or Orange Terror be comparable or are they very different animals?

If there's nothing else that really compares then I have to decide whether to take the plunge now and upgrade while there are still good, newish examples of the 9.2 around - in which case, I need to decide if I should just go bigger (to the 9.2), or go silly (to the Shuttlemax).

Of course, if Fender had left well alone I wouldn't have this problem.....

I replaced my Shuttle with a Carvin BX500 - they have stopped making these, but introduced a slightly upgraded version. Best amp of this type (Class D) I've owned and waaaayyy louder than my 6.2 despite being officially 100W less power.

Much more versatile pre-amp too in my opinion as it'll do the Hi-Fi clean of the Shuttle or the growly dirty drive of the Streamliner.
They also do a more powerful model with the same pre-amp in case the stadium in the next town needs to hear you too.

Worth checking out.

[quote name='brensabre79' timestamp='1408452910' post='2530273']
I replaced my Shuttle with a Carvin BX500 - they have stopped making these, but introduced a slightly upgraded version. Best amp of this type (Class D) I've owned and waaaayyy louder than my 6.2 despite being officially 100W less power.

Much more versatile pre-amp too in my opinion as it'll do the Hi-Fi clean of the Shuttle or the growly dirty drive of the Streamliner.
They also do a more powerful model with the same pre-amp in case the stadium in the next town needs to hear you too.

Worth checking out.
[/quote]
Interesting. And exactly the kind of info I was looking for - thanks! Looks like there aren't that many places that keep them but a trip to Twyford may be on the cards.....