Why become a member? ×

Combining 12" and 15" cabs

TheDaivisch

[quote name='Marvin' timestamp='1409357698' post='2539069']
Sorry, bad humour on my part. The OP had already bought two hydrive 112's which sort of went unnoticed.
[/quote]

No, nice humour on your part. :)
Also, a thread's function is not exclusively for the benefit of the OP, and an OP does not own a thread. As long as other people can benefit from added information, a thread's ongoing life is a good thing.

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1409385432' post='2539145']
No, nice humour on your part. :)
Also, a thread's function is not exclusively for the benefit of the OP, and an OP does not own a thread. As long as other people can benefit from added information, a thread's ongoing life is a good thing.
[/quote]

Quite right. And some people like to keep a thread going long after it has become useful by making silly and irrelevant comments. Daffodil! Bumcheese! Turboprop! Not something I'd do personally, though.

Edited by discreet

[quote name='TheDaivisch' timestamp='1409388214' post='2539183']
P.s. 18 inch Peavey mated to a 30 watt Marshall guitar speaker it is then.
[/quote]So long as a crossover is employed that's a much better combination than a twelve and fifteen, though an eight or ten inch guitar driver would have better dispersion.
I know you were being facetious, but I'm not. ;)

[quote name='Bill Fitzmaurice' timestamp='1409408221' post='2539438']
So long as a crossover is employed that's a much better combination than a twelve and fifteen, though an eight or ten inch guitar driver would have better dispersion.
I know you were being facetious, but I'm not. ;)
[/quote]

Alright Mr. Earnest...In my hypothetical, facetious rig, I'm running the two in parallel with 500 watts, for extra hilarity.

Anyway...I'm looking forward to my 2 12s and the full 500 watts.

• 2 weeks later...

I was always happy with my Trace 1x15 topped with a 2x10 .... until I started reading BC! :-)

All the talk of mismatching speaker combinations 'made' me buy another 1x15 and, on the rare occasions I 'need' two cabs, it does indeed sound awesome - but then again so does the 1x15 and 2x10.

Ha, all this just goes to show that I love both combinations and does little to answer your question :unsure: