Why become a member? ×

Greetings

Gaz112

Just joined the forum - been playing since 2009.

I mostly play in my church music group, done a bit of folk as well.

I currently play a Hondo deluxe 840, thinking of upgrading soon.

As well as bass, I play a bit of ukulele - it must be the 4 strings!!

Welcome, Gaz!

Enjoy your being here!
Oh, and good luck with upgrading your Hondo. Just don't go for the cheap kid racer stuff from Halford's, and especially not those Cosworth wings or those blue neons underneath! Just make it a nice, conservative Hondo Grand Luxe 840.

best,
bert

WAIT!!!
Aerodeck! That's what you need! Hondo Aerodeck 840.
Sounds great, huh?
;)

Hey all

I've decided that it's time I stop with the very occasional posts in the marketplace and get more involved in the forum. Name's Gerry (aka sharky), and I've been playing for...well, lets just say it's been a while!

Around 20 years ago I decided it was time to get a serious bass, so I set aside the Westone Super Headless (remember those?!!) for a new EBMM Stingray, and it's been my weapon of choice ever since. It still sounds like chili'd honey and is, for my money, the best guitar I've ever played. I've got a Stingray 5 and Sterling SUB which I use as backup, and just got rid of my Streamer 5 as I never really got on with it. Everything goes through a Roland GT6B, with a Digitech BSW added to the setup for shits and giggles. :)

On the rig front, I've just put together my ultimate set-up. I've been using an Ashdown Little Giant (1000W) into a Warwick WCA115ND and what started as a Behringer 2x10 but which quickly had the speakers swapped out for a couple of Eminence. I've just recently picked up a Schroeder 1212L from the marketplace (thanks Chris, it's bloody great!), and in my upgrade frenzy, I've now added another Schroeder, this time a 15L, currently winging its way across the Atlantic. Now, worried that the amp just won't cut it with such great cabs, I've just today treated myself to a TC Electronics Blacksmith. Can't wait to that arrives to give it a good workout!

Welcome, Gerry!

I trust you will thrive with being more involved. Some of us are nice people. Some even play the bass - no kidding! :)

Pro tip:
As you've responded to someone else's intro, few people may read this, as they've already been looking at the thread. You might wish to start your own thread instead.

Anyway, enjoy!

bert